No announcement yet.

Watching It Die

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluzboy wrote:

Ever since the conversion to Lithium, I've suspected that one of MF's long term goals is to kill off this forum (despite the fact that it's probably responsible for driving most of the post-conversion traffic to this site).  And while I have nothing against Phil personally, his increasingly heavy hand on the ban hammer has only provided further confirmation of those suspicions.   

The most vexing part has been watching many here be willing participants in the dismantling of PP.  Ever since Phil's "play nice" edict, some of the more juvenile members (from both sides of the political spectrum) have evidently expanded their game of one-upmanship to reporting others for anything that can be loosely interpreted as a personal slight--which, IMHO, is about the highest form of douchebaggery there is.  Meanwhile, the number of new posts has been dropping substantially as have the number of active forum members.  

If you want to see where this forum is heading in the not-so-distant future, take a peek at widely touted political forum at The Open Jam, where there's a new post every 8 hours or so.

This place used be a surprisingly good source of breaking news stories and trends--in addition to being a lot of fun.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I've found it to be neither for quite some time.  

And it's only bound to get worse.

Can I get an "amen, brother!"?

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

bluzboy wrote:

bluzboy wrote:

Ever since the conversion to Lithium, I've suspected that one of MF's long term goals is to kill off this forum (despite the fact that it's probably responsible for driving most of the post-conversion traffic to this site).  And while I have nothing against Phil personally, his increasingly heavy hand on the ban hammer has only provided further confirmation of those suspicions.   

The most vexing part has been watching many here be willing participants in the dismantling of PP.  Ever since Phil's "play nice" edict, some of the more juvenile members (from both sides of the political spectrum) have evidently expanded their game of one-upmanship to reporting others for anything that can be loosely interpreted as a personal slight--which, IMHO, is about the highest form of douchebaggery there is.  Meanwhile, the number of new posts has been dropping substantially as have the number of active forum members.  

If you want to see where this forum is heading in the not-so-distant future, take a peek at widely touted political forum at The Open Jam, where there's a new post every 8 hours or so.

This place used be a surprisingly good source of breaking news stories and trends--in addition to being a lot of fun.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I've found it to be neither for quite some time.  

And it's only bound to get worse.

Can I get an "amen, brother!"?

You are teh seer

Yerra calm down bluzboy ffs. It's only teh hinternetz
    flip the phase

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment

gubu wrote:
      Yerra calm down bluzboy ffs. It's only teh hinternetz

This place used to be kool, now it blowz.

And it's getting suckier everyday.

I believe that's by design, and it's a shame.

I really don't think the hand on the ban hammer is heavy enough. But that's just me. I'd like to see all personal attacks result in a minimum of a one week banning. It would be harsh for the first couple of weeks but the message would be sent and the site would be scrubbed of malcontents that really can't support their arguments.

Comment

Working...
    X