Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren Buffet on the USA National Debt......

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Buffet on the USA National Debt......

I saw Warren Buffet on TV the other day and he was asked about the national debt.  He said that the national debt today is a lesser percentage of the GDP than the national debt was during World War II and was not a problem.  He also believes in a higher percentage tax rate on rich people.

I guess we all have our opinions. Remind Warren that if he thinks he isnt being taxed enough, he can always pay more voluntarily.

Comment

• RogueGnome
      RogueGnome commented
      Editing a comment

Ed wrote:

I guess we all have our opinions. Remind Warren that if he thinks he isnt being taxed enough, he can always pay more voluntarily.

Very clever response, until you've heard this 1000x.

One tax payer alone doesn't have much impact. Returning tax rates to previous levels- yes, that would make a difference.

Please post again when you are as smart as Warren Buffet.

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

Ed wrote:

You just come up with that one, Ed?

It's always easy to spend someone else's money.

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      It's always easy to spend someone else's money.

Eloquently said. Why did Bush waste my taxes and the deaths of Americans, Afghani, and Iraqi on two worthless wars taken off the budget?

And anyone with his sort of wealth undoubtedly benefits financially from the nation being perpetually in debt.

Of course....the rest of us who are actually paying the taxes might do well to tell Warren Buffet to kiss our ass, and that we'd actually prefer less debt, less taxes, and less of his bull**************** proclamations.

Comment

• Marko
      Marko commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez

It's easy to claim the debt isn't a problem when you're Warren Buffet and you  made your wealth off debt.

But to every day people and the government that's responsible to them, any debt means that tax money is not going to the things we need, but rather it's going toward serviceng the debt, and all of the aftershocks created by said debt, like dollar devaluation.

Just think, if the debt were gone tomorrow, we could probably lower tax rates 30% across the board and still meet our obligations without a deficit.

All of a sudden lefties embrace a rich guy that made his living of leveraging debt, yet won't pay more taxes like he expects everyone else to do. Now that's funny.

Comment

• guido61
      guido61 commented
      Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

It's easy to claim the debt isn't a problem when you're Warren Buffet and you  made your wealth off debt.

But to every day people and the government that's responsible to them, any debt means that tax money is not going to the things we need, but rather it's going toward serviceng the debt, and all of the aftershocks created by said debt, like dollar devaluation.

Just think, if the debt were gone tomorrow, we could probably lower tax rates 30% across the board and still meet our obligations without a deficit.

All of a sudden lefties embrace a rich guy that made his living of leveraging debt, yet won't pay more taxes like he expects everyone else to do. Now that's funny.

Uhhh...it's not the LEFTEES who are pitchin' a fit about paying more taxes.

INCLUDING Buffett.  At least he's got the balls to talk about raising taxes on himself.  All the right can talk about is lowering taxes on the rich and "broadening the base".  

New Trail wrote:

I saw Warren Buffet on TV the other day and he was asked about the national debt.  He said that the national debt today is a lesser percentage of the GDP than the national debt was during World War II and was not a problem.  He also believes in a higher percentage tax rate on rich people.

I must begin by reminding everyone that Buffet is a 1%er.  He's actually fractional, for whatever that's worth.

I should also point out that he is a once-puruant to the Presidency.

However you look at or to him, what is clear is that Mr. Buffett is far from the 'everyman'.

Perhaps his opinions/analyses should be taken with a grain of salt.

gp

''For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across—which happened to be the Earth—where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.''

The above is not to be taken too seriously.

Comment

• fretmess
      fretmess commented
      Editing a comment

Grumpy_Polecat wrote:

I must begin by reminding everyone that Buffet is a 1%er.  He's actually fractional, for whatever that's worth.

I should also point out that he is a once-puruant to the Presidency.

However you look at or to him, what is clear is that Mr. Buffett is far from the 'everyman'.

Perhaps his opinions/analyses should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's enough for me to know that he is a smarter investor than Rhat.

New Trail wrote:

Well, Mr. Buffet, I'd say WW II was a problem, for the average Jane trying to run the farm while Harry was off to war.  Times were tight, there was rationing, etc.  Not everybody is filthy rich like you, Mr. Buffet, zipping around in private jets.

So, this is the new normal, we should accept a peace time economy that's roughly equivalent to the darkest days of World War?  So what are you getting out of this, I wonder, Mr. Warbucks?

Comment

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment

Used2BMarkoh wrote:

New Trail wrote:

Well, Mr. Buffet, I'd say WW II was a problem, for the average Jane trying to run the farm while Harry was off to war.  Times were tight, there was rationing, etc.  Not everybody is filthy rich like you, Mr. Buffet, zipping around in private jets.

So, this is the new normal, we should accept a peace time economy that's roughly equivalent to the darkest days of World War?  So what are you getting out of this, I wonder, Mr. Warbucks?

but but but -- those were the good old days. :manwink:

New Trail wrote:

This was back in January, and the deficit has been decreased much more since then.

The GOP/Tea Party Terrorists are griping about nothing, but they are using their bogus lie to destroy the world economy. Freaking nitwits!!

Comment

• Big_Conig
      Big_Conig commented
      Editing a comment

9-27-06tax-f1.jpg

Attached Files

I'm a liberal, but I acknowledge the debt is a problem.  But so is suffocating economic stagnation.  I don't think the answer is simple.  We need to grow the debt in the short term, so as to stimulate the economy, then as it gets its legs, we need to stablize things, much as Clinton and Congress did in the 90s.

Todzilla
    HUGE sound generation & capture facility
    Eno River Basin

Comment

• tock
      tock commented
      Editing a comment

Todzilla wrote:

I'm a liberal, but I acknowledge the debt is a problem.  But so is suffocating economic stagnation.  I don't think the answer is simple.  We need to grow the debt in the short term, so as to stimulate the economy, then as it gets its legs, we need to stablize things, much as Clinton and Congress did in the 90s.

Only the rich were stimulated.  For the average American, we are still in the great recession.  The wealth gap is proof of this.  

Warren Buffet must have had some juicy inside information regarding QE before it happened.  He made an absolute killing out of it.  He made more money that anyone last year investing in troubled banks that happend to get the most QE.  Scum. 

New Trail wrote:

He will say anything that paints his partner in crime Obama in a good light,  Stopping the printing of our grandkids money will be a steak to the heart of the rich, esp the super rich.

Unless he thinks the US is going to innovate more worldwide like the US did after the war, there is no way to dig our way out of it.  Americans, American kids are not even top 20 in math or science.  So don't hold your breath for the world demanding American innovation in the near future. 

Obama, Romney, Pelosi etc are corrupt professional liars wrapped in a flag.  

Comment

Working...
    X