No announcement yet.

Was a Prolific Conservative Banned?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was a Prolific Conservative Banned?

I've notice that one very frequent poster from the Right, known for tart rejoinders, hasn't posted since Sunday.

The tone of debate, in my personal and humble opinion (OK, not so humble), has markedly improved.

Prolific ??

is that good ??

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

• kav
      kav commented
      Editing a comment
      Who is missing?

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

sirfun wrote:

Prolific ??

is that good ??

I don't want to be insulting.

I observe a change in the tone of debate.

yanktar wrote:

I've notice that one very frequent poster from the Right, known for tart rejoinders, hasn't posted since Sunday.

The tone of debate, in my personal and humble opinion (OK, not so humble), has markedly improved.

Davo?

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

Comment

• kav
      kav commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he enlisted in the military to protect us from North Korea?

Yes, Terry was banned but I think he's back now.

Comment

Comment

• Zeopold
        Zeopold commented
        Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Don't know about davo but darryl was banned. It is indeed better in the room.

yah, Caulky did a number on him and precipitated a meltdown.

I wouldn't want to be in Caulky's shoes when Flynn gets out of the slammer, there's gonna be hell to pay.

yanktar wrote:

How has it improved? More or less shrieky and vagina-strained?

Comment

yanktar wrote:

You gotta admit- this forum has really gone downhill over the last few years. It just isn't that interesting/entertaining anymore.

Comment

• Another Brick
          Another Brick commented
          Editing a comment
          Forum is OK for the winners, hell for the losers.

• Gromit
          Gromit commented
          Editing a comment

McLovin wrote:

yanktar wrote:

You gotta admit- this forum has really gone downhill over the last few years. It just isn't that interesting/entertaining anymore.

True.  It's almost impossible for an actual discussion to happen anymore.

yanktar wrote:

I hate to be the spelling police, but it's spelled p-e-r-f-i-d-i-o-u-s.

Comment

• Opposite Day
          Opposite Day commented
          Editing a comment

I don't really get the people who say that it should be shut down. Couldn't you just achieve the same effect by, like, not posting here? Besides, you wouldn't dismantle the sewer because it smells like poo, would you?

yanktar wrote:

Haven't you said that you weren't going to post here anymore?

Happiness is a warm gut pile!!!

Comment

A functional ignore list could have saved Davo from his fate. (though I think his fate was inevitable.)

However, it also would have eliminated half of his audience, so he would have considered it a mixed blessing at best.
          x

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
            Phil O'Keefe commented
            Editing a comment

slodge wrote:
            A functional ignore list could have saved Davo from his fate. (though I think his fate was inevitable.)

However, it also would have eliminated half of his audience, so he would have considered it a mixed blessing at best.

I don't think that there is a single person anywhere on HC who is more interested in seeing that feature return than I am. Anything I can do to help make that happen I have done, and will continue to do... unfortunately, at this very moment, it's out of my hands.

Eventually we'll probably have it again, but as far as exactly when that will happen? I can't say. Sorry.

• sirfun
            sirfun commented
            Editing a comment

slodge wrote:
            I think his fate was inevitable.

!?

• thankyou
            thankyou commented
            Editing a comment

slodge wrote:

This.

When I say that his fate was inevitable, I only mean that since the Three Strikes rule went into effect in August he had managed to accumulate two strikes.

barring a change in demeanor that seemed unlikely, the third strike was inevitable.
          x

Comment

• Microtilt
            Microtilt commented
            Editing a comment

I'll just be happy when 'persons' stop attributing quotes to P.T. Barnum that he never made.

• sirfun
            sirfun commented
            Editing a comment

slodge wrote:
            When I say that his fate was inevitable, I only mean that since the Three Strikes rule went into effect in August he had managed to accumulate two strikes.

barring a change in demeanor that seemed unlikely, the third strike was inevitable.

yes

but it was still a shock to see him go like that

i thought it would be an ad hom

Look at all of the people who miss Davo.  I think his banning was a big mistake.  Big mistake.  Who's up for a hunger strike?

Regardless, Moonlight is back, so that's good.  Welcome back!  However, if possible, please refrain from discussing your 'hairy gams' or how you need bunion surgery on your feet.  Eeesh...

Comment

• Hoddy
            Hoddy commented
            Editing a comment

EricFoss wrote:

Look at all of the people who miss Davo.  I think his banning was a big mistake.  Big mistake.  Who's up for a hunger strike?

Regardless, Moonlight is back, so that's good.  Welcome back!  However, if possible, please refrain from discussing your 'hairy gams' or how you need bunion surgery on your feet.  Eeesh...

I'm hoping Davo will see the error of his ways and reach out to Phil and Dendy and try to resolve this issue, and then be able to rejoin us.

• moonlightin
            moonlightin commented
            Editing a comment

EricFoss wrote:

I hurt my big toe. I stubbed it royally a few years ago. Pushed the bones together, sent splinters through my foot, and caused a bone spur. No bunion that one. That was the first surgery. The second surgery was two weeks ago to take out the screw they put in from the first surgery because it was biting into bone beneath. As to Davo..... who the hell is davo? And hi. Oh .. as to the hairy gams... I'll try and shave tomorrow.

• thankyou
            thankyou commented
            Editing a comment

EricFoss wrote:

Your hunger strike does not work well with my bake sale to finance a Lithium ignore feature.

Echoes and Visconti were both better trolls.

Comment

• moonlightin
            moonlightin commented
            Editing a comment

kav wrote:
            Echoes and Visconti were both better trolls.
            Yes Visconti had a way of posting about a pres's hairline or a pres's wife's way of dressing or looking and having the forum in an uproar. Echoes was a fanatic who made religion look bad.

Visconti was probably the most intelligent right wing troll on HCPP.
          Don't even bother. You can't win.

Flag a Post
          The Report has been sent.
          [OK]

Comment

this was 8 pages of ACTUAL POLITICAL discussion before it was "locked" and "softwared" !! )))

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
            "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
            We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

Working...
            X