Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maturity Level of the Left

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the childish tantrums of the left? 

I'm thinking it's because their king has been such a disappointment.

They continue to get what they want and they're still not happy.

I find it kinda funny and kinda sad. 

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

I'm a moderate, but I'm confident that our colleagues on the left will be inspired to raise their game by attempting to emulate the well-reasoned and thought-provoking posts offered up by conservative luminaries such as Visconti, Burningsg and Omni

Thanks for the input

Comment

• Big_Conig
      Big_Conig commented
      Editing a comment

Wow. Perspective is a funny thing.

• John Ellis
      John Ellis commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

I'm a moderate, but I'm confident that our colleagues on the left will be inspired to raise their game by attempting to emulate the well-reasoned and thought-provoking posts offered up by conservative luminaries such as Visconti, Burningsg and Omni

Thanks for the input

And you still have such super winners like mossy, trainset and lithium  lol

• Gromit
      Gromit commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

Thanks for the input

Setting the bar a little high there, mate.

John Ellis wrote:

me thinks they protest too much. 

Comment

John Ellis wrote:

Even when I was a strict right wing voter, keeping in mind some of the posters representing the right wing here, I wouldn't have started a thread questioning the maturity level of the other side.

I've seen some posts stating that leftist voters aren't complaining about some things Obama has done that they otherwise would be complaining about if a Republican was running things or making it seem as if left wing voters have everything they want since Obama is still in office.

I can't speak as a truly left wing voter, but I'm definitely not happy with everything Obama's admin may be responsible for. At the same time, I have no doubt that things could still be much worse than they are and that another Bush-type leader at the helm would expedite the downward direction the country's been heading in.

On a more simple level, both parties are ultimately corporate sock puppets. I don't think anyone but extreme optimists or complete morons are going to be totally happy with the outcome of that.

__________________________________________________ ________
      Great transactions: -Juggernaut-, Beergoblin, Boris the Blade, Guttermouth, Tubesteakfortone, thriftyshirt, craftswitch, negative theory, and dethmetalanimal

Comment

• Gromit
        Gromit commented
        Editing a comment

rushtallica wrote:

John Ellis wrote:

Even when I was a strict right wing voter, keeping in mind some of the posters representing the right wing here, I wouldn't have started a thread questioning the maturity level of the other side.

I've seen some posts stating that leftist voters aren't complaining about some things Obama has done that they otherwise would be complaining about if a Republican was running things or making it seem as if left wing voters have everything they want since Obama is still in office.

I can't speak as a truly left wing voter, but I'm definitely not happy with everything Obama's admin may be responsible for. At the same time, I have no doubt that things could still be much worse than they are and that another Bush-type leader at the helm would expedite the downward direction the country's been heading in.

On a more simple level, both parties are ultimately corporate sock puppets. I don't think anyone but extreme optimists or complete morons are going to be totally happy with the outcome of that.

Yes!

• Mr.NiceGuy
        Mr.NiceGuy commented
        Editing a comment

rushtallica wrote:

I've seen some posts stating that leftist voters aren't complaining about some things Obama has done that they otherwise would be complaining about if a Republican was running things or making it seem as if left wing voters have everything they want since Obama is still in office..

People always bitch about the other side doing stuff while not noticing their own side doing the same thing.What is really bothersome and sad is when we are too partisan to even realize it, much less laugh at ouselves.

GWB did some things that should have really pissed off conservatives like the Presciption Drug Program, DHS, and spending money like a drunk,...well, like a drunk politician.  I think a lot of the things he did, like the Drug thing and his huge increase in funding to fight AIDS in Africa were done out of his belief in "compassionate conservatism". Or trying to outClinton Clinton.It didn't help - the left still hated him.

BHO, for all of his high-horse pontification about regaining our moral standing in the world , vowing to close Gitmo, end certain interrogation techniques, end lobbying in Washington, etc... well, don't be surprised if the other side brings it up.

Poor Jeb Ellis butthurt from the last Election?

Obama has his faults no doubt but he is ten times better than the last guy that was in.

4 more years John than Hillary..

Comment

This thread on this forums is strange.

Comment

• madryan
          madryan commented
          Editing a comment
          There are some serious idiots on both sides.

I won't name names but we know who they are. Neither side can claim a monopoly on idiocy.

+1 to what madryan said

Comment

x

Comment

John Ellis wrote:

Maturity Level of the Left

Thread title implies a left-right-only political spectrum. Two choices.

Then complains about the maturity level of others.

I say this is a thread-fail before even getting to the first post.

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
              Daryl Flynn commented
              Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

John Ellis wrote:

Maturity Level of the Left

Thread title implies a left-right-only political spectrum. Two choices.

Then complains about the maturity level of others.

I say this is a thread-fail before even getting to the first post.

You fail when you sign in. 

He had no ideas... Just criticism of the president. Hence the focus on his terrible speaking skills, sweaty appearance and "big gulp"
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• Ed
              Ed commented
              Editing a comment

LithiumZero wrote:
              He had no ideas... Just criticism of the president. Hence the focus on his terrible speaking skills, sweaty appearance and "big gulp"

Sure he had ideas. The idea of an ability to pursue our dreams, dependent upon our abilities without governmental manipulation. Obama believes government manipulation to circumvent that distinction.

and the left focused on taking a drink of water. That is because they have no argument against his ideas.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

How soon they forget

Comment

Horrible speech was horrible with or without chug- a- lug

Comment

Then you must have been under a rock for the past four years because he didn't say anything that we haven't been hearing since 2009

Comment

• yumpy
                    yumpy commented
                    Editing a comment

LithiumZero wrote:
                    Then you must have been under a rock for the past four years because he didn't say anything that we haven't been hearing since 2009

talking about obama? 

what do you exspect from a commentary of obama's SOTU castro length speech.

Glad you see the light Ed

Comment

Working...
                  X