Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markoh: Which, you understand, is just playing by the rules of HCPP. This is what male primates do, they thump their chest. But if anybody ever wants to actually debate anything, I'm always game.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    But you don't even seem to understand what you're thumping your chest over. You respond to the pic saying its not smart, then offer nothing to demonstrate that it is not. You can't go to the bible because the bible shows that gene is right. So you have to go to Sunday school questions. Then you get called on your BS and act like I'm being a dick for no reason. But most of all I'm curious why you would want to conform to the low-bar standards of a low-bar Internet forum like HCPP.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh: Which, you understand, is just playing by the rules of HCPP. This is what male primates do, they thump their chest. But if anybody ever wants to actually debate anything, I'm always game.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      But you don't even seem to understand what you're thumping your chest over. You respond to the pic saying its not smart, then offer nothing to demonstrate that it is not.

Sure I did, you apparently didn't understand what I said.  So what am I to do about that, photon, how am I supposed to take the high road in this kind of situation?  Enlighten me.

And once kids are at an intelligence level of maybe 9 years old, they begin to question things about Santa, like how does he deliver presents to everyone in the world in a single night, or how does he fit all of them on his sleigh, or why don't reindeer I see fly?
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      And once kids are at an intelligence level of maybe 9 years old, they begin to question things about Santa, like how does he deliver presents to everyone in the world in a single night, or how does he fit all of them on his sleigh, or why don't reindeer I see fly?

AH -- man -- he had some magic dust.   a little bit for santa, a little bit for the raindeer, a little bit more for santa, and a little bit more for santa .....................................

Markoh:
    Sure I did, you apparently didn't understand what I said. So what am I to do about that, photon, how am I supposed to take the high road in this kind of situation? Enlighten me.
    ------------------------------------
    You forget you are the one that stated Gene's quote was not smart. You took the low road right out the gate.
    Your post didn't answer any questions, it just asked more questions, questions of which are plainly answered in the bible.
    I posited several questions in my response which you ignored, but did take the time to call me an ass, and question why I don't like you anymore. I do still like you. I just don't believe in the god of the bible any more. You've made it clear that you find that as some sort if personal affront to you even though it is not, and generally regard me as some kind of traitor, which is ridiculous.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      but did take the time to call me an ass,

You said I never read the Bible.  Then you pretend you don't know what I was referring to. 

No I seriously don't know what you are referring to markoh.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      No I seriously don't know what you are referring to markoh.

Ok, well, look - a handshake, good luck on your journey.

Markoh:
    You can see how the solar system is composed of a bunch of rocks, and then... earth.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jupiter and Saturn are composed of rocks? Lol!

Markoh:
    Not only is it remarkable for its oceans, clouds, and land masses,
    -------------------
    Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn all have clouds. There are under ice oceans on jupiter's moon Io. Not sure about land masses, ill have to look that up.

Markoh:
    it also has street lights, visible from space, markers of earth's advanced civilizations. A sterile rock evolved street lights, all by itself.
    ----------------------------------------
    God didn't create street lights, man did.

Markoh:
    We may believe in Santa Claus, but they think the presents just poof into existence under the tree.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Where did Santa Clause come from?
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh:
      You can see how the solar system is composed of a bunch of rocks, and then... earth.
      -----------------------------------------------
      Jupiter and Saturn are composed of rocks? Lol!

Markoh:
      Not only is it remarkable for its oceans, clouds, and land masses,
      -------------------
      Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn all have clouds. There are under ice oceans on jupiter's moon Io. Not sure about land masses, ill have to look that up.

Markoh:
      it also has street lights, visible from space, markers of earth's advanced civilizations. A sterile rock evolved street lights, all by itself.
      ----------------------------------------
      God didn't create street lights, man did.

Markoh:
      We may believe in Santa Claus, but they think the presents just poof into existence under the tree.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Where did Santa Clause come from?

No, not good enough.  If it's truly the best you can do, my condolences, but I'm not in the mood today for what reads like somebody being deliberately obstinate.

Markoh:
    No, not good enough. If it's truly the best you can do, my condolences, but I'm not in the mood today for what reads like somebody being deliberately obstinate.
    --------------------
    Nope, try again! And maybe quit obfuscating while your at it.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Markoh is allergic to common sence and logic. It's really sad that in 2013 we still have millions of people like him in this country.

Comment

• Zig al-din
        Zig al-din commented
        Editing a comment

BigMac5 wrote:
        Markoh is allergic to common sence and logic. It's really sad that in 2013 we still have millions of people like him in this country.

Christianity doesn't have much use for logic or reason -- its long term survival has depended on jettisoning those things and depending on faith and irrationality. It's not a surprise that it still has that problem.  

Apparently the definition of obstinate is someone that challenges someone's assertions with legitimate facts and questions lol!
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

BigMac5:
        --------------------------------
        But he's a sucker for gross over-simplification! :-)
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Mooger:
          thanks mark. it really is that simple. mythology is, well, mythology. but in santa's case -- he actually did exist. he just doesnt't make himself small and go down chimneys, or give kids toys. in that sense he is exactly like Jesus.
          ----------------------------
          I do feel that it is very likely Jesus the man actually may have existed.
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Please Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

StompboxMan.com
            Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

• Minning Around
              Minning Around commented
              Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Please Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Jesus can build me a cabin in the back yard if he shows up. Otherwise he can go down to San Francisco and stand on the corner and yell at people who have both oars in the water.

Come to think of it, maybe Stompboxman is Jesus. I don't think he's David Koresh - he's dead. Jesus was dead but it served the purpose of the pathologically domineering to bring him back.

Quick question for atheists: what about those people whose religion isn't a danger to anyone and who choose to live their life peacefully, without forcing anything on anyone? Yes, it may be a lie, but why disturb something that is of little problem to you or to them? What's the issue if someone personally wishes to beleive that a man was born of a virgin or that their god has an elephant head?
            Originally Posted by Motorik

[Prog rockers are] all babes. It's like the Miss World contest, but with sudden changes of time-signature.

Comment

• Godsky
              Godsky commented
              Editing a comment

PhilGould wrote:
              Quick question for atheists: what about those people whose religion isn't a danger to anyone and who choose to live their life peacefully, without forcing anything on anyone? Yes, it may be a lie, but why disturb something that is of little problem to you or to them? What's the issue if someone personally wishes to beleive that a man was born of a virgin or that their god has an elephant head?

My attitude as an atheist is a person is free believe in what you want to believe.

As long as you don't use it to legislate your version of morality and beliefs on me.

I don't take the attitude of mocking peoples belief unless they start spouting BS.

Bless my holy God almighty, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit! Thank you for openning the Door that changes my life! For I delight in the mighty works of the Lord and ask Him to grant me the desires of my heart!

Thank you King og Kings!

StompboxMan.com
            Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

• moogerfooger
              moogerfooger commented
              Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

Bless my holy God almighty, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit! Thank you for openning the Door that changes my life! For I delight in the mighty works of the Lord and ask Him to grant me the desires of my heart!

Thank you King og Kings!

you worship KIng Og -- now it all makes sense 

Deut: 3:11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedsteadwas a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits wasthe length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.

this may be your best bit ever. too bad I spoiled it for you by recognizinf your old testimemnt reference. 

Just yesterday U2BM was claiming the earth is the only planet in the solar system that is not a rock, and the only one that has clouds... And that street lights are evidence of God. When it was pointed out that his assertions are completely wrong, he responded with ad homonim (apparently his word of the day lol!). If anyone here is a comlete schmuck, it is U2BM.
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              Just yesterday U2BM was claiming the earth is the only planet in the solar system that is not a rock, and the only one that has clouds... And that street lights are evidence of God. When it was pointed out that his assertions are completely wrong, he responded with ad homonim (apparently his word of the day lol!). If anyone here is a comlete schmuck, it is U2BM.

Ah, no.  Are you genuinely of low IQ, or are you being difficult?  I honestly don't know, but if you're going to say stupid things about me, I may choose to respond.

Look, I'm hardly the first person, theist or otherwise, to note how unique the earth is in our planetary system.  You really don't get that no other planet has street lights on it?

As to calling a planet 'a rock', it amuses me how literal you guys are, completely without any poetic sense, but fancy yourselves to see the deeper meaning of ancient texts.

Argument Ad Populum. Brilliant!
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            X