Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    What evidence do you have that heaven is NOT empty markoh?
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

    - Frank Zappa

    Comment


    • #47
      Btw markoh I have not responded to your response a few pages back because it was full of assertions with no supporting evidence, you assuming i know exactly why you believe what you believe (I don't), and other sanctimonious bull crap.

      But in essence you only further proved the points in my post with your inelegant, clumsy, and completely unintelligible response. I thank you for that.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        Btw markoh I have not responded to your response a few pages back because it was full of assertions with no supporting evidence, you assuming i know exactly why you believe what you believe (I don't), and other sanctimonious bull crap.

        But in essence you only further proved the points in my post with your inelegant, clumsy, and completely unintelligible response. I thank you for that.

        A couple of obvious pieces of evidence here:

        - You are on a thread called "The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ into Your Life".

        - At one time you said you were a Christian.  So you DO know what the evidence for Christianity is.

         

         


      • fatback
        fatback commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        Btw markoh I have not responded to your response a few pages back because it was full of assertions with no supporting evidence, you assuming i know exactly why you believe what you believe (I don't), and other sanctimonious bull crap.

        But in essence you only further proved the points in my post with your inelegant, clumsy, and completely unintelligible response. I thank you for that.

        To be honest photon9 - they can only  tell us  what they feel, the same as we do.  I am far more interested why someone might or might not believe rather than the factuality or otherwise of what they believe. 

        Bottom line is although there is zero evidence to prove god exists,  still the  best I can fairly say is that it is almost certain that it doesn't exist.  I would say that the object of our discussion is 'unknowable' except that stomp will mis-understand what I mean and post his assertions that he does indeed know him, so instead I will say that existence of god is outside of the realm of science (at least for the time being) so trying to prove/disprove existence using physical evidence is a dead end.  However we can  discuss the characteristics and qualities that theology has assigned to it.  (or as believers might prefer to  say the qualities reflected in those theologies)

        So if I am to discuss a persons belief I have to at least assume that they are honest and rational in how interact with or reflect those beliefs (can't really think of a better way of putting it at the moment)  Believers have to make the same assumptions about us.   (Of course I make  none of these assumptions in the case of Stomp.

        Markho is frustrating - but he is honest in my opinion.  Same with Koti.   I can understand where they are coming from even if it isn't possible for me to come to the same conclusions based on the theological description of their god.

        So what am I saying...... put on hippy voice 'if we could just get on we might just learn something from each other'

        Phil 


    • #48
      Duuuuude like entropy is so simple man, like you know everything goes from like order to chaos, so like, evolution is impossible then ya know? Like duuuuuuh!
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • #49
        SBM, u were posting about how god cured you of (tonsil) cancer constantly in the last thread, every time saying the same exact thing u posted here. That is, until someone pointed out that little children die every day of even worse forms of cancer.

        Can you post your triangle forehead pic again? If that doesn't convince us heathens god exists, nothing will. ;-)
        Information is not knowledge
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

        - Frank Zappa

        Comment


        • StompboxMan
          StompboxMan commented
          Editing a comment

          photon9 wrote:
          SBM, u were posting about how god cured you of (tonsil) cancer constantly in the last thread, every time saying the same exact thing u posted here. That is, until someone pointed out that little children die every day of even worse forms of cancer.

          Can you post your triangle forehead pic again? If that doesn't convince us heathens god exists, nothing will. ;-)

          I pary all the time that the Lord heal the little ones. He does heal children. The others He takes home to be with Him.

          The Bible says to proclaim the great works of God. I say again when the thread gets way off topic and it helps get it back on track.

          This is everyones 4th Warning! Repent of your sins!  Accept Jesus Christ into your life! He will change your life for the better! Trust me, I know.


      • #50
        666

        Comment


      • #51
        Correct. People like to think they're special, so having special knowledge is very appealing. This is also one of the reasons why there are some 35,000 different sects in Christianity alone. Our sect knows something special about the bible that the other sects don't.
        Information is not knowledge
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

        - Frank Zappa

        Comment


        • #52

          Everyone is suppose to be saying this.

          Revelation 5: 13
           
          13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

          StompboxMan.com
          Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

          Comment


          • #53

            6.jpg

            Attached Files

            Comment


            • #54

              Lesson One!

              For those who think the Bible was written by ignorant sheep hearders try to understand this parable. In John 12: 24 Jesus says,  24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

              The ignorant sheep hearder expaimed that spreading the message of Salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (grain dies) would produce results and spread the message (much grain). Since the Bible was written by many writers, how did the writer of John know God's plan of Salvation so well to write a parable when there wasn't a Bible to refer to when he wrote the Gospel of John? John 12: 24 is also a prediction of the fact that the Gospel was spread around the world.

              This has been Lesson One. Do you have any question?

              StompboxMan.com
              Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

              Comment


              • DesertDirtDog
                DesertDirtDog commented
                Editing a comment

                StompboxMan wrote:

                Lesson One!

                For those who think the Bible was written by ignorant sheep hearders try to understand this parable. In John 12: 24 Jesus says,  24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

                The ignorant sheep hearder expaimed that spreading the message of Salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (grain dies) would produce results and spread the message (much grain). Since the Bible was written by many writers, how did the writer of John know God's plan of Salvation so well to write a parable when there wasn't a Bible to refer to when he wrote the Gospel of John? John 12: 24 is also a prediction of the fact that the Gospel was spread around the world.

                This has been Lesson One. Do you have any question?


                Does Father Fernando use lube, or is more like a form of penance for you?


              • Ed A.
                Ed A. commented
                Editing a comment

                StompboxMan wrote:

                Lesson One!

                For those who think the Bible was written by ignorant sheep hearders try to understand this parable. In John 12: 24 Jesus says,  24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

                The ignorant sheep hearder expaimed that spreading the message of Salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (grain dies) would produce results and spread the message (much grain). Since the Bible was written by many writers, how did the writer of John know God's plan of Salvation so well to write a parable when there wasn't a Bible to refer to when he wrote the Gospel of John? 


                 

                Because the bible was fabricated long after that.  Because The Church


            • #55

              Logos & Baphmmet

              Isn't it strange how "Logos" means wisdom.  Something that SBM consistently fails to display.

              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #56

                Please Read This!

                John 15
                 
                The True Vine

                15

                StompboxMan.com
                Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

                Comment


                • #57
                  Markoh:
                  I bet you any Sunday School kid from my church could respond with: "But God didn't create humans faulty. And it wasn't a mistake and He didn't blame them."
                  ------------------------------
                  Your Sunday students clearly aren't taught the biblical perspective then are they?

                  If Adam and Eve weren't faulty why did they commit original sin?

                  If he didn't blame them why did he kick them out of Eden? What was the reason for the flood? What was the reason for all the sacrifices? What was the reason for Jesus?

                  Markoh:
                  One or two of them might even be able to ask the advanced questions "By what standard are you declaring humans faulty?"
                  ----------------------------------
                  The Bible's standards duh. if that's an advanced question those students aren't too bright are they?

                  Markoh: "What court will assess blame on the first cause, or declare God's efforts a mistake? What standard of perfection are you appealing to? Can you show it to us?"
                  Other than that, though, great point, really worthy of turning it into a big blue cartoon.
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  God's standard of perfection. It's in the Bible. Maybe you should read it sometime. Basing your life on a single book is bad enough. Basing it on a book you haven't even read is just plain stupid... Reckless even.
                  Information is not knowledge
                  Knowledge is not wisdom
                  Wisdom is not truth
                  Truth is not beauty
                  Beauty is not love
                  Love is not music.
                  Music Is The Best.

                  - Frank Zappa

                  Comment


                  • Used2BMarkoh
                    Used2BMarkoh commented
                    Editing a comment

                    photon9 wrote:
                    Markoh:
                    I bet you any Sunday School kid from my church could respond with: "But God didn't create humans faulty. And it wasn't a mistake and He didn't blame them."
                    ------------------------------
                    Your Sunday students clearly aren't taught the biblical perspective then are they?

                    If Adam and Eve weren't faulty why did they commit original sin?

                    We have free will, according to the Bible.

                    If he didn't blame them why did he kick them out of Eden?

                    So they wouldn't eat from the tree of life and live for ever. Genesis doesn't present it as punishment, but as protection.

                    One or two of them might even be able to ask the advanced questions "By what standard are you declaring humans faulty?"
                    ----------------------------------
                    The Bible's standards duh.

                    The blue quote implies that humans were faulty when God made them, that God was a rotten engineer. But that's not the Biblical story. The Biblical story is that God does what humans cannot even guess at - he creates humans with free will. They can do things he has not simply programmed into them. So God does NOT create faulty humans, humans choose to become faulty, and some choose to remain faulty.

                    Markoh: "What court will assess blame on the first cause, or declare God's efforts a mistake? What standard of perfection are you appealing to? Can you show it to us?"
                    Other than that, though, great point, really worthy of turning it into a big blue cartoon.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    God's standard of perfection. It's in the Bible.

                    No, you're missing the point. By what standard will you judge God to have made a "mistake"? What is the perfect reference that shows that what God did is somehow wrong? It is a mistake for the sky to be blue? If you say yes, you must have some idea of what it's supposed to be.

                    Maybe you should read it sometime. You' Basing your life on a single book is bad enough. Basing it on a book you haven't even read is just plain stupid... Reckless even.

                     

                    Yeah, you're just being an ass. Why? You thought I was ok when I was on your side, now I'm a bum?


                • #58
                  I miss the old face palm emoticon.
                  Information is not knowledge
                  Knowledge is not wisdom
                  Wisdom is not truth
                  Truth is not beauty
                  Beauty is not love
                  Love is not music.
                  Music Is The Best.

                  - Frank Zappa

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    This is gonna be a good day Moog. Markoh's on fire today! :-D
                    Information is not knowledge
                    Knowledge is not wisdom
                    Wisdom is not truth
                    Truth is not beauty
                    Beauty is not love
                    Love is not music.
                    Music Is The Best.

                    - Frank Zappa

                    Comment


                    • moogerfooger
                      moogerfooger commented
                      Editing a comment

                      photon9 wrote:
                      This is gonna be a good day Moog. Markoh's on fire today! :-D

                      LOL -- he'll burn out pretty quick and stomp out as usual 


                  • #60
                    I'm not being an ass. These are real points I thought a lot about as a Christian. Yes I'm deliberately parodying your posting style of calling people not smart, but I don't dislike you in the slightest. Truth be told you are the most qualified regular posting Christian on this forum to address these questions.
                    Information is not knowledge
                    Knowledge is not wisdom
                    Wisdom is not truth
                    Truth is not beauty
                    Beauty is not love
                    Love is not music.
                    Music Is The Best.

                    - Frank Zappa

                    Comment


                    • Rudolf von Hagenwil
                      Editing a comment

                      Praising the Lord all day is suprior life style.

                       

                      Far suprior then shooting at children in Afghanistan, lightyears superior !!!


                    • Used2BMarkoh
                      Used2BMarkoh commented
                      Editing a comment

                      photon9 wrote:
                      ...Yes I'm deliberately parodying your posting style of calling people not smart,...

                      Which, you understand, is just playing by the rules of HCPP.  This is what male primates do, they thump their chest. But if anybody ever wants to actually debate anything, I'm always game.

                       













                  Working...
                  X