Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Omg lmfao!
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

    - Frank Zappa

    Comment


    • #32
      By saying the watch had to be designed, because it doesn't appear in nature, you are admitting that nature does not appear to be designed.

      Freudian-slip?
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        By saying the watch had to be designed, because it doesn't appear in nature, you are admitting that nature does not appear to be designed.

        Freudian-slip?

        Yeah, that must be freudian slip.  I'm only pretending I believe in God.  I just pretend in order to raise money from my contributors on HCPP.

         


    • #33
      Care to comment about your unwitting admittance that nature does not appear to be designed?
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        Care to comment about your unwitting admittance that nature does not appear to be designed?

        'Nature', in that context, simply means 'non-gear'.  There are gears, and there is stuff that's not a gear.  Where there is a gear, there is a gear designer. "Gears do not appear in nature" simply means "Gears do not appear without a designer" hence the existence of a gear implies the existence of a specific gear creator.

        So then, you're probably conflating a different definition of 'nature', that of 'the physical world'.  But since we don't have a readily observable non-physical universe to compare our physical world to, there's really no basis for saying 'physical' itself does or does not appear designed.  Of course, it's eminently consistent with a designer, as evidenced by it being subject to mathematical description.

        And let me remind you all, this started because Chuck said there was no evidence (evidence, not proof) of God on a PBS nature show.  I say there was evidence of a creator, namely, creatures.

         


    • #34
      You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about do you?

      Hey if all else fails just keep babbling and making **************** up as you go, even if makes not the slightest bit of sense.

      I do give you credit for not claiming this desecration of logic was inspired by the Holy Spirit like many non-god-haters I know would though.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about do you?

        I'm afraid I know exactly what I'm talking about, photon.  Hey, if I was personally insulting in that first post, it's not really what I intended, I just get frustrated with these gold plated turds that get repeated mindlessly.

         


      • chuckgp
        chuckgp commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about do you?

        Hey if all else fails just keep babbling and making **************** up as you go, even if makes not the slightest bit of sense.

        I do give you credit for not claiming this desecration of logic was inspired by the Holy Spirit like many non-god-haters I know would though.

        don't get too happy, he's said we need to yield to 'the name'

         


      • sdelsolray
        sdelsolray commented
        Editing a comment

        photon9 wrote:
        You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about do you?

        Hey if all else fails just keep babbling and making **************** up as you go, even if makes not the slightest bit of sense.

        I do give you credit for not claiming this desecration of logic was inspired by the Holy Spirit like many non-god-haters I know would though.

        You are dealing with Markoh the Maginficent. Let's remember who that is:

        1) Markoh was indoctrinated into one "fire and brimstone" versions of the Christian religion as a child (according to Markoh).

        2) Markoh became rebellious and became a needle using drug addict (according to Markoh).

        3) Markoh decided to "hate" his God.

        4) Markoh returned to the religion of his youth to help him defeat his drug addiction (according to Markoh).

        5) Markoh remains afraid that he will return to drug or another addiction if he rejects his indoctrinated religion (according to Markoh).

        6) Markoh has replaced one addiction for another and that change has improved his health.

        7) Markoh has yet to deal with this second addiction and ignores the side effects of the addiction swap.

        8) Markoh feels safer with the replacement addiction. He has yet to address the effects of religious addiction, and has yet to deal with addiction at all.

        9) In order to maintain this safety, Markoh uses a variety of coping mechanisms, including, but not limited to, projection, the argument from design, the Watchmaker argument, the argument from ignorance, and many other logical fallacies. Like many addicted to religion, he lies, is disingenuous, he cheats, reserves the right to redefine words to his own purpose, selectively ignores facts and lashes out at those that challenge his beliefs.

        10) This is all magnified because he has an underlying psychological dysfunction of grandiosity which approaches clinical narcissism. This explains his sanctimony and passive-agrresive behavior.

        11) Although his IQ is likely north of 100, he exhibits frequent confusion, resulting in an inability to rationally discuss virtually any topic. He compensates with a bravura presentation of amateur philosophical/theological word salads.

        He isn't worth your time.


    • #35
      Believe in the fairy tales I believe in or you will be tortured forever lol!
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • #36

        This is my 2nd warning to all those you do not believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah. It's from the Word of God. Your souls is in jepordy of eternal damnation! I base this warning on Ezekiel 3: 18-19 where God spoke to His Holy Prophet Ezekiel.

        Ezekiel 3:18-19
         
        18 When I say to the wicked,

        StompboxMan.com
        Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

        Comment


        • #37
          Wow...what a great thread! 40 pages of Christian idiots arguing with anti-religious bigots? Sounds productive to me...
          .

          Comment


          • Permanoobie2
            Permanoobie2 commented
            Editing a comment

            bjcarl : Wow...what a great thread! 40 pages of Christian idiots arguing with anti-religious bigots? Sounds productive to me...

             

            This assessment, while may be accurate in part, would not reflect the whole of the contributors

            For example, user onelife, I do not believe is particiularly anti-religious (he, for example, appears, to hold Buddhism, etc in high esteem).  Additionally, users StompboxMan and MargeHowel, while arguing, have both self-described as Christian.

             


        • #38

          Look I'm trying to help you folks! Please accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life. I doesn't cost anything! It doesn't hurt. It's easy to accept the God who made you. Ask for His help! God will answer your prayer. He is faithful. He will keep His promises to you for everlasting life. Trust in God with all your mind, body and soul and He will not let you down.

          StompboxMan.com
          Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

          Comment


          • fatback
            fatback commented
            Editing a comment

            Stateswoman wrote:

            Look I'm trying to help you folks! Please accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life. I doesn't cost anything! It doesn't hurt. It's easy to accept the God who made you. Ask for His help! God will answer your prayer. He is faithful. He will keep His promises to you for everlasting life. Trust in God with all your mind, body and soul and He will not let you down.


            It would hurt my integrity to say I believe in something I have no evidence to believe exists. 

            Now as I said before I can understand that others might be able to take a  leap of faith but I couldn't (wouldn't?)  

            As for making a commitment as a kind of eternal life insurance it seems to me to be a rejection of all the good bits that might possibly exist in some of the supposed teaching of someone who may or not be known as Jesus. 

            finally, if you think trusting anybody with all your mind, body and soul is easy then you aint doing right.  There is just one person I might be able to do that towards and they are flesh and blood. 

            Phil


          • moogerfooger
            moogerfooger commented
            Editing a comment

            StompboxMan wrote:

            Look I'm trying to help you folks! Please accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life. I doesn't cost anything! It doesn't hurt. It's easy to accept the God who made you. Ask for His help! God will answer your prayer. He is faithful. He will keep His promises to you for everlasting life. Trust in God with all your mind, body and soul and He will not let you down.


            so you don't get the million dollars until you leave town? 

             

            accepting god's plan for us is exactly the same as not accepting god's plan. god's plan will play out regardless, which is indestinguishable from fate.  since no one can ever know if god's promise of eternal life is real, no one can ever know whether he keeps it or not. the only evidence of a heavenly afterlife comes from the bible, and we only know the bible it true because it says it's true. -- OH and SBM says so.......


        • #39

          God is love. Let the Love of God fill your heart. Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

          StompboxMan.com
          Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

          Comment


          • moogerfooger
            moogerfooger commented
            Editing a comment

            StompboxMan wrote:

            God is love. Let the Love of God fill your heart. Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!


            God is love?  -I thought God was a god. if god is love then god is simply a complex numan emotion, which is what i ve been saying all along. Gods are manifistations of aspects of the human psyche.  there is no need to accept what simply is. 


          • onelife
            onelife commented
            Editing a comment

            StompboxMan wrote:

            God is love. Let the Love of God fill your heart. Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!


            Why not just let Love fill your heart?

            Why not simply make your decisions based on Love?

            Why do you need to bring the fear of God into it? Is Love not enough for you?


        • #40
          God is love. Let the Love of God fill your heart. Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

          If god is love then why did he construct the world in such a way that suffering would exist?
          Information is not knowledge
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

          - Frank Zappa

          Comment


          • #41

            In reply to the Quote above.

            I orinianlly posted 1 John 2: 22.

            1 John 2:22
             
            22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

            I didn't write 1 John 2:22. 1 John 2:22 discribes a person who does not believe Jesus is the Christ. 1 John 2:22 says people who don't believe Jesus is the Christ are liers. Liers to themselves as the deny the truth that Jesus is the Christ. I also posted that the Bible says that Satan is the father of all lies.

            You tell me I'm in assoiciation with Satan because the Bible says in 1 John 2:22 that anyone who lies to themselves and denys Jesus is the Christ is a lier. 

            I accept Jesus is the Christ, therefore I am NOT a liar as I believe Jesus is the Christ. I am NOT listening to Satan lie to me. He lies to all those who believe Jesus is not the Christ. Do you understand?

            StompboxMan.com
            Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

            Comment


            • willy-b
              willy-b commented
              Editing a comment

              StompboxMan wrote:

              You tell me I'm in assoiciation with Satan because the Bible says in 1 John 2:22 that anyone who lies to themselves and denys Jesus is the Christ is a lier. 

              I accept Jesus is the Christ, therefore I am NOT a liar as I believe Jesus is the Christ. I am NOT listening to Satan lie to me. He lies to all those who believe Jesus is not the Christ. Do you understand?


              WHAT????

              That means you are saying that you can just make anything you want up and it's not lying because you believe in Jesus Christ.

               

              So if you say " I have a spaceship made by Ferrari and I fly it to Mars where I keep my nulear powered hot-tub" and that's not a lie as long as you believe in Jesus Christ. 


              :mansurprised:

               

               


            • moogerfooger
              moogerfooger commented
              Editing a comment

              StompboxMan wrote:

              In reply to the Quote above.

              I orinianlly posted 1 John 2: 22.

              1 John 2:22
               
              22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

              I didn't write 1 John 2:22. 1 John 2:22 discribes a person who does not believe Jesus is the Christ. 1 John 2:22 says people who don't believe Jesus is the Christ are liers. Liers to themselves as the deny the truth that Jesus is the Christ. I also posted that the Bible says that Satan is the father of all lies.

              You tell me I'm in assoiciation with Satan because the Bible says in 1 John 2:22 that anyone who lies to themselves and denys Jesus is the Christ is a lier. 

              I accept Jesus is the Christ, therefore I am NOT a liar as I believe Jesus is the Christ. I am NOT listening to Satan lie to me. He lies to all those who believe Jesus is not the Christ. Do you understand?


              again you show your complete lack of understanding of scripture. you can accept jesus and still be a liar. 

               

              1 john 2:18 says Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

               

              but it wasnt the last hour was it? 


            • Permanoobie2
              Permanoobie2 commented
              Editing a comment

              StompboxMan : I accept Jesus is the Christ, therefore I am NOT a liar as I believe Jesus is the Christ.


              This statement * does create,as other posters have already indiciated, the interesting position wherein user StompboxMan may fabriacte any variety of false information without compunction so long as the status  " I accept Jesus is the Christ" is maintained. 

               

              It can behoove the readers at large to consider that user StompboxMan now holds the position that he [user : StompboxMan] may issue any statements about, for example but without limitation,  health (his or other's), history, law, biblical scripture, miracles, God and/or Jesus without regard for their truthfulness.

               

               

               

              * Do note however, Stompboxman's claim  " I accept Jesus is the Christ" may itself be false (as a misrepresentation or as a parodic commentary on Christianity or subset thereof)


          • #42
            So I made the mistake of NOT posting links and you can't accept that. When you make mistakes I can accept them. That is the difference between a person who accepts the teachings of Jesus Christ and someone who does not.
            StompboxMan.com
            Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

            Comment


            • Permanoobie2
              Permanoobie2 commented
              Editing a comment

              StompboxMan : So I made the mistake*** of posting links and you can't accept that...

               

              This would be inaccurate.  You [user : StompboxMan] did not cite your source (ie there was no link or other form of citation posted*), provided fabricated false information**, including false information about divine healing about Jesus Christ, and misstated copyright law even after it was explained by a qualified legal professional.

              However, this is consistent with your position that you may fabricate false statements without compunction

               

              * The reader at large may wish to recall that user StompboxMan's plagiarism (or, more accurately one particualr instance of plagiarism) was so egregious that a previously uninvolved party (the author of the plagiaried content) felt it necessary to create a user account to comment on user StompboxMan's use of his (the original author) misappropriated material

               

              **which user StompboxMan admitted was fabricated as an excuse for said plagiarism

               

              *** In evaluating the statement, the reader at large may also wish to recall that user StompboxMan has claimed oracular powers of God


          • #43

            Jesus died a long time ago and there never has been a "Christ".

            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            "Faith ruled the Dark Ages."

            Comment


            • #44
              U2BMO: So you're one of the people who rejects God because you can't accept his connection with pain. Either he's not all powerful or not all loving, you say.
              But how about the converse? You are, I presume, looking for some alternative explanation for it all. Isn't ANY explanation you find going to have to be compatible with pain? Pain is part of life, so if you find something that doesn't produce pain, you haven't found the explanation of life.
              What we humans really want is hope, not explanations. When you break a leg, you don't need a doctor to tell you "you exceeded the shear strength of your tibia". No, what you want is a doctor who says "We can fix that. A year from now your bone will actually be stronger than it is now" We all face a choice at some point: Cling to our grudge and nurse it until it destroys us, or let it go and listen to the deepest part of our hearts. He will wipe every tear away, the very finger of God will wipe the believer's tears away, and the former things will not even be remembered. He IS all powerful, all loving, and He knows what he's doing. That's all we really need to know.
              ------------------------------

              First thing: I said evil/sin not pain... But whatever.

              Second: what is the converse of not all-loving, or not all-powerful? Are you using extra-terrestrial (or whatever) logic again?

              Third: we don't hold a grudge, we merely realized that The Christian god does not match up with reality. Kind of like children when they begin to wonder how Santa delivers all those presents in a single night.

              Fourth: I looked in the deepest part of my heart and realized to my very core that Yahweh makes absolutely no sense. For many reasons besides just the problem of suffering.

              Fifth: Pain is a very useful feature of life, especially from an evolutionary perspective, no god required.

              Last: it's really beautiful being able to answer these kinds of questions logically rather than making endless assertions. You assert that God IS all loving and all powerful yet you provide absolutely no evidence to demonstrate that these statements are true (never mind proving god even exists). And you don't provide evidence to back your claims because you can't. You know in your heart and your brain that an all powerful all loving god is impossible so naturally your only recourse is to keep trying to convince yourself he is through endless repetition and ignoring reality.
              Information is not knowledge
              Knowledge is not wisdom
              Wisdom is not truth
              Truth is not beauty
              Beauty is not love
              Love is not music.
              Music Is The Best.

              - Frank Zappa

              Comment


              • Used2BMarkoh
                Used2BMarkoh commented
                Editing a comment

                photon9 wrote:

                Third: we don't hold a grudge, we merely realized that The Christian god does not match up with reality. Kind of like children when they begin to wonder how Santa delivers all those presents in a single night.

                But he does match up with reality. He doesn't match up with your previous ideas of God, maybe, but that's quite a different matter. Why should your first impression of God have to be the authorized one?
                Last: it's really beautiful being able to answer these kinds of questions logically rather than making endless assertions.
                I look at things logically. I'm one of the few here who does, actually, and I'm Christian. Do the math.
                You assert that God IS all loving and all powerful yet you provide absolutely no evidence to demonstrate that these statements are true (never mind proving god even exists).
                "Absolutely no evidence" - ? You know that's not true, you know exactly what my evidence is. So you're either being illogical or dishonest here. That's better than being a believer?
                You know in your heart and your brain that an all powerful all loving god is impossible
                I know no such thing, but if I did, the logical inference would be that God can't be all powerful and/or all loving. There's nothing logical about "A can't exist, therefore nothing does"

            • #45

              Doesn't anyone want to live forever? Accept Jesus Christ Into your life! You can change your life for the better!

              StompboxMan.com
              Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

              Comment


              • moogerfooger
                moogerfooger commented
                Editing a comment

                StompboxMan wrote:

                Doesn't anyone want to live forever? Accept Jesus Christ Into your life! You can change your life for the better!


                 

                no -- I dont.   and yes,  if there is something wrong with your life, you can change it for the better.  the opperative word is YOU.  Accepting jesus into your life changes nothing in and of itself. you still have to do the work yourself. 













            Working...
            X