Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markoh:
    The other way to avoid this conclusion is think maybe you're not thinking quite right. That's what you do when, say, your radio is broken and you can't figure out what's wrong with it. You don't say "Well obviously this magical 'sound over invisible airwaves' stuff is bs and all radio buyers are lunatics!"
    --------------------------
    So are you trying to say god is like a broken radio? Back in the bible days he actually did stuff, but one of his fuses blew or resistors burned out, and now he's nothing more than an expensive door stop?
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh:
      The other way to avoid this conclusion is think maybe you're not thinking quite right. That's what you do when, say, your radio is broken and you can't figure out what's wrong with it. You don't say "Well obviously this magical 'sound over invisible airwaves' stuff is bs and all radio buyers are lunatics!"
      So are you trying to say god is like a broken radio? Back in the bible days he actually did stuff, but one of his fuses blew or resistors burned out, and now he's nothing more than an expensive door stop?

u really want HIM to go OT on your ass? 

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh:

No, you, or some element of you, would be broken, in this analogy.

The first cause can't be broken ('broke' must be a broken version of some other working thing), which is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is a fundmentally irrational premise.

• Markoh:
    And of course, there's the famous case of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, the quintessential bitchy atheist. Her one son became christian and reports she was one strange, sick puppy. At the end it wasn't God who got her but an employee who literally cut her to pieces.
    ----------------------------
    I've never thought the crappy behavior of Christians was a very compelling argument for the non-existence of God. The same applies to atheists behavior and the existence of God.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• YumpyChumpy:
      -------------------------------
      Is OT god not the same as NT god? What about revelations? Will he go revelations on my ass? What about you? God has much more beef with fake Christians, than with non-Christians. But you knew that right?
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        YumpyChumpy:
        Is OT god not the same as NT god? What about revelations? Will he go revelations on my ass? What about you? God has much more beef with fake Christians, than with non-Christians. But you knew that right?

Whoops!  So, you DO know God exists, and you know something about Him, after all.  I knew you were playing a role.

So getting a spanking is better than being ignored, right?  You think you get a rise out of God.  But it won't work, don't waste your energy.

• Chumpy:
      ****************in DUH!
      dumbass.
      -------------
      Why do you think this wont happen Yumpy? Ye of little faith!
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• chuckgp
        chuckgp commented
        Editing a comment

wow, more heavy christian fail

• Mooger:
      because mythology is not literally true
      ----------------
      /thread?

:-D
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        Mooger:
        because mythology is not literally true
        ----------------
        /thread?

:-D

Well, the dictionary definition of myth is:  a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation,

So, in fact, myth can be literally true.

• Markoh:
      The first cause can't be broken ('broke' must be a broken version of some other working thing), which is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is a fundmentally irrational premise.
      ------------------------------
      That's not at all what your post said. You did not once say I was the radio. You as usual FAIL.

The premise "The world sucks so God can't exist", makes a lot more sense than "God is all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving, yet allows all sorts of terrible **************** to happen for some mysterious reason."

BTW, I don't think the world sucks, but I know a ****************-ton of Christians that do.
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        Markoh:
        The first cause can't be broken ('broke' must be a broken version of some other working thing), which is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is a fundmentally irrational premise.
        ------------------------------
        That's not at all what your post said. You did not once say I was the radio. You as usual FAIL.

Funny!

• Permanoobie2
        Permanoobie2 commented
        Editing a comment

"The first cause can't be broken ('broke' must be a broken version of some other working thing)," - Used2BMarkoh

This would depends on the type ofdiety in question.  For instance, a diety that is interventionist could "break" (become evil, insane, impotent, die, etc) as that diety has a temporal component.

"which is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is why "The world sucks so God can't exist" is a fundmentally irrational premise." - Used2BMarkoh

Yes, the dismissal of a diety based on a sub-optimal existence does dismiss, out-of-hand, a variety of dieties such as evil gods,  impotent gods, dead gods, etc

• Markoh:
      Whoops! So, you DO know God exists, and you know something about Him, after all. I knew you were playing a role.
      So getting a spanking is better than being ignored, right? You think you get a rise out of God. But it won't work, don't waste your energy.
      -----------------------------
      I guess I need a warning in my sig, "please put 'according to the Bible' for any post related to Christianity since most Christians on HCPP are too dense to figure it out on their own."
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Markoh:
        Funny!
        -----------
        You don't even understand the gobbledygook you write do you?
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Mooger:
          so that means greek mythology could be true too then I suppose.
          ---------------------
          Can't wait to see how he tries to yak his way outta this one!
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
            Used2BMarkoh commented
            Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
            Mooger:
            so that means greek mythology could be true too then I suppose.
            ---------------------
            Can't wait to see how he tries to yak his way outta this one!

Nah, not quite bored enough for that today (thank God!)

• Marjoe:

-------------
          It would be easier to just admit Moog is right... Because he is!
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• chuckgp
            chuckgp commented
            Editing a comment

where's ol' yumpy crippledome, I like him

• Used2BMarkoh
            Used2BMarkoh commented
            Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
            Marjoe:

-------------
            It would be easier to just admit Moog is right... Because he is!

Ok, mooger is right.  Myth can only be fictional, dictionary.com is wrong.

• Give God a chance in your life! Accept Jesus Christ into your life! You have nothing to loose except your sins!

StompboxMan.com
          Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
            Daryl Flynn commented
            Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

Give God a chance in your life! Accept Jesus Christ into your life! You have nothing to loose except your sins!

^ Has this looneytroll ever posted a picture of himself? I'd be curious to see it.

• Permanoobie:

Yes, the dismissal of a diety based on a sub-optimal existence does dismiss, out-of-hand, a variety of dieties such as evil gods, impotent gods, dead gods, etc
          ---------------
          You mean does NOT right?
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Permanoobie2
            Permanoobie2 commented
            Editing a comment

"You mean does NOT right?" - Photon9

No

a claim that a god does not exists based on the premise that the world is sub-optimal (ex "crappy", "****************ty", "full of suffering", etc) dismisses situations wherein a diety could create sub-optimal conditions.  For example, an evil diety might create such ("****************ty", etc) conditions so that the  subject beings suffer.

• Markoh: He could change, but he could not 'break'. Broken must reference some 'correct' reference, and therefore cannot be the first cause.
          --------------------------------

Well Zig was wrong then, your analogy totally sucks and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are currently blabbing about.
          ----------------------------

Markoh:
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Markoh:
            Let me just cut to the chase here: There is no worldview in which evil makes sense. In the traditional theistic worldview it is paradoxical that a good god allows evil. In the scientific naturalist viewpoint there is no 'supposed to be', so nothing can really be wrong or broken, things just are. But surely the idea that there IS some right, and that things are somehow broken, is more in line with our experience than the idea that evil is an illusion.
            -------------------------
            Why does right and wrong have to be based on some objective standard? How can we know what that objective standard is when there is currently nothing that even comes close to stating what that standard is? The Bible completely and utterly fails at establishing an objective standard btw. If you ever actually read it you would know that.
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:

-------------------------
              Why does right and wrong have to be based on some objective standard?
              Because that's what right and wrong mean. It's like asking why blue and purple have to be based on color.
              The Bible completely and utterly fails at establishing an objective standard btw. If you ever actually read it you would know that.

Is it really necessary for you to be an a-hole 24/7? You know I've read the Bible.

• Markoh:
            Is it really necessary for you to be an a-hole 24/7? You know I've read the Bible.
            So them why did you not get my reference to the gospels, particularly the Pharisees, in my comment about god's distaste for fake Christians?
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              Markoh:
              So them why did you not get my reference to the gospels, particularly the Pharisees, in my comment about god's distaste for fake Christians?

He never said he has 'more problem' with them, though.  I judged that to be a reflection of your opinion, not the bible.

Working...
          X