Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markoh:
    Not at all, it's just that his self esteem is not in play. He's just doing it for fun, in other words.
    -----------------------
    I think you have to be an idiot to find fun in proving to everyone that you're an idiot.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh:
      Not at all, it's just that his self esteem is not in play. He's just doing it for fun, in other words.
      -----------------------
      I think you have to be an idiot to find fun in proving to everyone that you're an idiot.

Yeah, you get past 40 years old, you're not really going to care what a bunch of drunken musicians on a web forum think of you.  Well, that's true for most 40 years olds, anyway. 

What is it with intelligence with you leftie god hater types, anyway?  Do you really think you're so smart, or just wish you were, or what?

• Markoh:
    Yeah, but you don't want to be so mature that it's basically the dementia version of christianity. I think you'd be more honest if you just left Christianity out of it, tried to describe your worldview on its own terms.
    -------------------
    What is the non-dementia version of Christianity? Yours? What an unsurprisingly myopic point of view!
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:

-------------------
      What is the non-dementia version of Christianity? Yours? What an unsurprisingly myopic point of view!

No, and if you weren't so freakin infatuated with yourself you'd be able to see that christianity predates any of us.  Just cause you make up your own reality doesn't mean everybody does.  Some of us have the humility to think the answers might lie outside of my little self.

• Markoh:
    No, and if you weren't so freakin infatuated with yourself you'd be able to see that christianity predates any of us. Just cause you make up your own reality doesn't mean everybody does. Some of us have the humility to think the answers might lie outside of my little self.
    --------------------
    So now that you're done puffing out your chest and beating on it, what is it that makes moog's version of Christianity the dementia version, and yours the non-dementia version?
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
      Used2BMarkoh commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      Markoh:
      No, and if you weren't so freakin infatuated with yourself you'd be able to see that christianity predates any of us. Just cause you make up your own reality doesn't mean everybody does. Some of us have the humility to think the answers might lie outside of my little self.
      --------------------
      So now that you're done puffing out your chest and beating on it, what is it that makes moog's version of Christianity the dementia version, and yours the non-dementia version?

You know what?  I think you're a troll.  You're playing a role.  It's just impossible for someone who was once a christian to not grasp the idea of it having an objective reality.  I can see you not agreeing anymore, but to pretend you have no clue what christianity purports to be, that's just ignorant.  So I'm going to let you find somebody else to be annoying with.  Adios.

• Markoh:
    No, and if you weren't so freakin infatuated with yourself you'd be able to see that christianity predates any of us.
    -------------------
    There are many thousands of religions that predate Christianity. Are they more legit because of this?

Markoh:
    Just cause you make up your own reality doesn't mean everybody does.
    ------------------------------
    You absolutely make up your own reality Markoh. You demonstrate that to us every single day, practically every single post.

Markoh:
    Some of us have the humility to think the answers might lie outside of my little self.
    ---------------------------
    Some of us actually have enough humility to accept that we don't have all the answers, not to mention minds open enough to question the assertion that all the answers lie in a single source.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Markoh:
      You know what? I think you're a troll. You're playing a role. It's just impossible for someone who was once a christian to not grasp the idea of it having an objective reality. I can see you not agreeing anymore, but to pretend you have no clue what christianity purports to be, that's just ignorant. So I'm going to let you find somebody else to be annoying with. Adios.
      -------------------
      That's ok Markoh the Magnificent. Enjoy your life running away from tough questions and blaming your inability to answer them on the people asking them being ****************************s.
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• chuckgp
        chuckgp commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        Markoh:
        You know what? I think you're a troll. You're playing a role. It's just impossible for someone who was once a christian to not grasp the idea of it having an objective reality. I can see you not agreeing anymore, but to pretend you have no clue what christianity purports to be, that's just ignorant. So I'm going to let you find somebody else to be annoying with. Adios.
        -------------------
        That's ok Markoh the Magnificent. Enjoy your life running away from tough questions and blaming your inability to answer them on the people asking them being ****************************s.

he's ****************ed cause he can't tell the priests (lol) and get the military to enforce the gospel of love(LOLOL)

and kill & torture us for our heresies

lol @ the impotence of christianity -- without guns, U FAIL!!

• ChuckGP:
      lol @ adios
      ----------------
      I think he's just pissed I used his chest thumping accusation against him lol!
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• chuckgp
        chuckgp commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        ChuckGP:
        lol @ adios
        ----------------
        I think he's just pissed I used his chest thumping accusation against him lol!

made him stomp off in a rage, it did.

• ChuckGP:
      made him stomp off in a rage, it did.
      ----------------------
      At least he's not contemplating stabbing his eye out today. That's an improvement lol!
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Markoh:
        Guess what? You DON'T have to prove God doesn't exist. You can just go away and quit wasting our time and space on here. I'd put you on ignore but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
        -------------------------------
        If u want eternal life you should really work out your anger issues Markoh. Especially towards other people.

Matthew 5: 21
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• DesertDirtDog:
          Want2BMarjoe KNOWS he uses the right type of oil, because it is irrefutably written in Great Grandpas' Model A.Owners' Manual.
          http://www.motormayhem.net/wp-uploads/2008/06/4.jpg
          ----------------------------
          That's exactly what I wanted to say lol!
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• I proclaim a great and glorious Miracle of my Lord Jesus Christ who today helped me finacially! Thank you Lord Jesus Christ! You're my best friend. I have no other friend like you!

StompboxMan.com
            Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

• GTRMAN
              GTRMAN commented
              Editing a comment

What did he do? Get you a discount with a local crack whore?

StompboxMan wrote:

I proclaim a great and glorious Miracle of my Lord Jesus Christ who today helped me finacially! Thank you Lord Jesus Christ! You're my best friend. I have no other friend like you!

• Permanoobie2
              Permanoobie2 commented
              Editing a comment

"I proclaim a great and glorious Miracle of my Lord Jesus Christ who today helped me finacially! Thank you Lord Jesus Christ! You're my best friend. I have no other friend like you!" - StompboxMan

This does create an interesting, if somewhat problematic for user StompboxMan's position, as he [user : StompboxMan] has stated that those who serv gods of money and pleasure would not be aware they are doing so.

"They might not realize that but they serve the money and pleasure gods." - StompboxMan

• Allahu akbar?
            Originally Posted by Motorik

[Prog rockers are] all babes. It's like the Miss World contest, but with sudden changes of time-signature.

Comment

• chuckgp
              chuckgp commented
              Editing a comment

'madmen fed on fear and lies...'

• Markoh: The earth rotates at precisely pi radians/rotation
            -------------------
            Well it couldn't be God that made that happen then because God rounds pi to 3!
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              Markoh: The earth rotates at precisely pi radians/rotation
              -------------------

Oh, yeah, that was funny.  That moron wouldn't back down, even posted the same thing a second time.

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              Markoh: The earth rotates at precisely pi radians/rotation
              -------------------

You know, I had this crazy thought - "What if he's still a Christian, and this is all a ploy to discredit atheism?"  You are playing some kind of role, I'm seeing that now, but not sure exactly what.

• http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/creationists-and-the-scriptural-value-of-pi/

Creationists And The Scriptural Value Of Pi
            YET again, your Curmudgeon brings you the view from Answers in Genesis (AIG), one of the major sources of creationist wisdom. This time they have an article about an old but interesting question: Does the Bible make a mistake in claiming that pi equals 3?

In case you haven
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              yada, yada.

The simplest explanation is that the diameter was measured across the top of the vessel (so the outside of the lip), while the circumference was measured underneath the lip (but the outside of the vessel).  The reason this makes sense is because the text goes on to describe images to be placed on the outside of the vessel, so it would be necessary to calculate spacing based on that diameter.

But why this issue displays asininedness on the part of you god haters is because the text was not trying to say anything about pi.  The text is describing a vessel, a vessel somebody would have measured.  There is no high tech math involved, just measure and report.  So we can speculate on exactly what they measured but to suppose people with the technology archeology tells us they had could not wrap a rope around something and measure it, is just dopey in the extreme.

In other words, it's a sign that you are actively hostile towards god, and don't have the scientific mindset you would like to pretend you have.

• Want2BMarjoe:
            You know, I had this crazy thought - "What if he's still a Christian, and this is all a ploy to discredit atheism?" You are playing some kind of role, I'm seeing that now, but not sure exactly what.
            --------------------------------
            I assure you, no matter what either of our true intentions are, you drive many more people away from the Christian faith, than I draw to it.
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              Want2BMarjoe:
              You know, I had this crazy thought - "What if he's still a Christian, and this is all a ploy to discredit atheism?" You are playing some kind of role, I'm seeing that now, but not sure exactly what.
              --------------------------------
              I assure you, no matter what either of our true intentions are, you drive many more people away from the Christian faith, than I draw to it.

Nice try, but I know this stunt too.  Obviously you have no idea who I've influenced or how.  God isn't trying to get people into the kingdom just for the numbers.  If he takes people just as they are, the kingdom of heaven would be just like life as we know it now.  So God insists you repent or no deal, and that means his methods may be terribly unsuccessful at times.  They got Jesus killed, you may recall.

• Markoh:
            So God insists you repent or no deal, and that means his methods may be terribly unsuccessful at times. They got Jesus killed, you may recall.
            ----------------------------
            It was wildly successful... Are you really that ignorant? Jesus being killed was the plan all along, it had to happen for Christianity to exist at all. I'm starting to really question if YOU are actually a Christian. I mean how can you be if you are that ignorant about the book you supposedly believe in?
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            X