Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTRMAN:
    I got into a discussion with a coworker about 2 months ago where she was talking about how Satan is the reason for evil in the world and tat God was all good. I said she was wrong and she asked me where evil comes from. I told her that evil comes from her god... she about flipped out and demanded to know where I came up with that. So I referred her to that same verse in Isaiah. She never brought up the bible around me again.
    -------------------------
    That's classic! Another way to approach the topic, knowing nothing of specific verses, is - if god created everything, he created satan, since satan is the embodiment of evil, god created evil. A simple proof that most Christians will desperately try to avoid thinking about.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• U2BM:
      You can get experiences here you won't get anywhere else, that's for sure! Only on HCPP will you find people who will in all seriousness argue that black isn't dark.
      ----------------------
      That is not what we are arguing and if you don't know that then you do not have the mental capacity to carry on this discussion!

You were talking about dark matter and gave the definition of a black hole. For even more irony this was in the exact same post where you said that we don't understand science!

Is a black car the same thing as a dark shirt? WTF?! Seriously!
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:

Is a black car the same thing as a dark shirt? WTF?! Seriously!

So none of you did your research the last time, after you'd let your testosterone subside?  I provided links even. 

• LMAO. One of Markoh's greatest quotes...maybe of all time. 

Comment

• U2BMO:
        So none of you did your research the last time, after you'd let your testosterone subside? I provided links even.
        ----------
        I read your links. They supported exactly what we were telling you all along. Maybe you should try to get the cliff notes for them? Here's what they would say if they existed: "black holes are NOT dark matter".
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• chuckgp
          chuckgp commented
          Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
          U2BMO:
          So none of you did your research the last time, after you'd let your testosterone subside? I provided links even.
          ----------
          I read your links. They supported exactly what we were telling you all along. Maybe you should try to get the cliff notes for them? Here's what they would say if they existed: "black holes are NOT dark matter".

and remember what happened to Alice when she fell down the rabbit's nest!

• CatBox:
        You lack all wisdom and understanding of scriture as you are not a believer.
        ----------------------------
        Wisdom and understanding do not and should not require belief.
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• U2BMO:
          Yes, the original analogy was that the effects of God are similarly indirect. All phenomena are the indirect evidence of God.
          -------------------
          Please provide one example of a phenomenon that is indirect evidence of God that does not fall into the category of incredulity.
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
            Used2BMarkoh commented
            Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
            U2BMO:
            Yes, the original analogy was that the effects of God are similarly indirect. All phenomena are the indirect evidence of God.
            -------------------
            Please provide one example of a phenomenon that is indirect evidence of God that does not fall into the category of incredulity.

How about the phenomenon of you expecting two humans to have synchronized awareness based on the symbolism of words represented by pixels on a screen?  You posted, to me.  There is actually a great deal of unprovable faith involved in your action.

• All you all NEED to do IS accept Jesus Christ into your life. It's all for your eternal future! Do it NOW!

StompboxMan.com
          Pedals, Amps, Keyboards and Accessories

Comment

• normh
            normh commented
            Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

All you all NEED to do IS accept Jesus Christ into your life. It's all for your eternal future! Do it NOW!

Which one?

naq hammadi

Or don't actual historical documents of early Christianity count?  How about Horus or Mithras, or Buddha, all of which predate Christianity and have the same mythology.

Attached Files

• U2BMO:
          It said that black holes can contain some dark matter because dark matter is every where, so some of the matter in a black hole is dark matter, but that doesn't mean that black holes are a type of matter, which was your assertion. That is patently false and you look like a fool.
          -----------
          I did not assert that black holes are a type if matter, in fact you are the one who asserted that black holes are dark matter. That was the premise of your first post TODAY actually you dolt! Go look. Now who looks like the fool?! Lolololol! :-D
          Knowledge is not wisdom
          Wisdom is not truth
          Truth is not beauty
          Beauty is not love
          Love is not music.
          Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• fatback
            fatback commented
            Editing a comment
            I read the news today, oh boy

• StompboxMan wrote:

The Reason to Accept Jesus Christ Into Your Life is to gain eternal life.

I have asked before, Which Jesus?

naq hammadi

santeria

What about the Jesus that is part of Voodan (Voodoo), or Mithras the Christianity had its roots in or even:

Hero 1000

Why is it that you are only familiar with a single mythology and yet claim that it is the only way.  According to your bible, it is written "Seek and ye shall find."  Why have you only sought in a single mythology?  Looking at only a single mythology is not seeking.

Attached Files

Comment

• Zig al-din
            Zig al-din commented
            Editing a comment

normh wrote:

StompboxMan wrote:

I have asked before, Which Jesus?

naq hammadi

santeria

What about the Jesus that is part of Voodan (Voodoo), or Mithras the Christianity had its roots in or even:

Hero 1000

Why is it that you are only familiar with a single mythology and yet claim that it is the only way.  According to your bible, it is written "Seek and ye shall find."  Why have you only sought in a single mythology?  Looking at only a single mythology is not seeking.

Amen. Not to mention the fact that Christian mythology is highly derivative of pagan myth. 

Attached Files

•  Lesson 1

James 1:12-15

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted,

StompboxMan.com

Comment

• chuckgp
            chuckgp commented
            Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

Lesson 1

James 1:12-15

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted,

• Threads like these are almost enough to make me want to convert to Islam....:madphil:

Originally Posted by Motorik

[Prog rockers are] all babes. It's like the Miss World contest, but with sudden changes of time-signature.

Comment

• The Reason to accept Jesus Christ Into your Life is to not be condemned by God and than wind up in a lake of fire. Get with it guys! 

StompboxMan.com

Comment

• Red Ant
              Red Ant commented
              Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

The Reason to accept Jesus Christ Into your Life is to not be condemned by God and than wind up in a lake of fire. Get with it guys! 

Still don't care. Still don't believe a word of the Bible, lake of fire included

• willy-b
              willy-b commented
              Editing a comment

StompboxMan wrote:

The Reason to accept Jesus Christ Into your Life is to not be condemned by God and than wind up in a lake of fire. Get with it guys! 

It's pretty suspicious that the dude posted this.  He was complaining like a really really old woman about people being repetitive, but he's already said this one a lot.

He was even numbering his repititive warnings for a while too.

BTW does anyone really think he has a 130 or 160 IQ like he said?
              We all make typos, but this dude sure seems to make a ton of spelling mistakes you wouldn't expect out of a 130-160 IQ guy.

"and than wind up" ??

Some posters are saying he's a fake and that's looking more and more likely every time he posts

• StompboxMan wrote:

Tetragrammaton

Attached Files

Comment

• Hero 1000

Attached Files

Comment

• bhagavad git

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X