any music jobs search engine portal around?

ninelives1980

• Members

Music jobs are few and far between. A lot of the jobs are "who you know" jobs not "what you know" jobs. I know people who have master degrees in business and have entry level experience in the entertainment industry and they cannot seem to get even a callback from many record labels and talent agencies. You can always take the chance but I would go with independent record labels and smaller companies. The bad thing with this is they cannot afford to pay much at all and are usually in high cost of living areas such as NYC, LA, Miami. There are a few free engines but not sure the URL plus there are other websites such as US Music Jobs which I know around 2-3 people who have used that and never received a call back from that either.

You can always go to the main websites of music companies and send them an email which is probably the best way.

• Members

Yep interning is the way to go if you can afford it. I always see that as a good way to get started but I know if you do not live in an area already such as nyc, la, miami, nashville, or london it is very tough for people to have enough money to live on as the internships are all unpaid. Also most major companies now have a rule that you must be doing it for college credit.

• 5 years later...

Archived