New studio website

• Members

Hi, folks!

I've just re-done my studio's webs site - after 5 years, it was past time. I'm not sure if it's as cool as the old one was, but I really needed to have some new audio samples and other stuff. With the new site, the gear list and the photos are more up to date (and there are at least pictures of the piano now).

If you get a minute and feel the urge, please check out www.javajivestudio.com and let me know if you have suggestions, criticisms or problems loading any of the pages.

I actually hadn't planned on doing it myself (I know I'm not a graphics guy), but I started playing around with iWeb one afternoon...

• Members

Cool! I like it. Very easy to navigate, interesting to read through. The music loads quickly enough, though anyone in the dial-up age is gonna suffer...but then they are hurting on about every page by now! ;)

So in your client list I noticed that Lifeway has used the studio. Do you remember for what project?

very cool, good job! Looks like the kind of place I'd like to come and have a cup 'o joe at!

BTW - I just listened to a bit of the swing tune that played first, and I liked it a lot.

Not enough swing/big band stuff happening anymore. Have you had any chance to hear Denver and the Mile High Orchestra? I understand they are near you. Maybe their appeance on NGAB will inspire some guitarists and horn players to mix it up a bit!

• Members

Cool! I like it. Very easy to navigate, interesting to read through. The music loads quickly enough, though anyone in the dial-up age is gonna suffer...but then they are hurting on about every page by now!
;)

So in your client list I noticed that Lifeway has used the studio. Do you remember for what project?

very cool, good job! Looks like the kind of place I'd like to come and have a cup 'o joe at!

BTW - I just listened to a bit of the swing tune that played first, and I liked it a lot.

I was concerned about the loading - I only moved to high speed internet access a couple of years ago; I remember when I wouldn't even go to a Myspace page because of time it took to open. :) But at least I didn't try to do all that flash stuff - I don't like that even with a cable modem...

The stuff we did for Lifeway was, I believe, primarily editing and printing multiple mixes for some praise project; the other engineer brought that in, so I don't have a lot of knowledge about what he did...

And we've always got the coffee on - let me know if you're in the neighborhood and want to come by for a cup.

• Members

The site looks great, as does the studio.

This is a weird question, but why do the first three sample songs all start with a drum fill?

Because I like drums? :)

I hadn't thought about it, actually; it just worked out that way. The second and third songs are the same drummer, but the first one (the swing tune) was a different guy.

• Members

And we've always got the coffee on - let me know if you're in the neighborhood and want to come by for a cup.

Hey bro. the site looks real clean and nice. I live in spring hill. I'd love to come by some time and have a cup of joe. :thu:

• Members

When you say "these artists have visited" it sounds like they just stopped by for coffee. If you mean that they have recorded there, say that. Otherwise looks good.

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that - I produced projects on some of the folks listed, others recorded their own projects here from top to bottom, still others recorded single songs (a number of those listed were working on the Song Of America project here http://www.myspace.com/songofamerica ) and some came out simply to be background singers on other projects rather than working on their own stuff. And some (though none of thoes listed) have just stopped by for coffee. I'd have to set up another list for those folks... :)

Archived