CD Replication

• Members

I am looking for a good place to get CD's packaged and replicated.

I do not want any CD-R packages, I'm looking for the real thing.

At a good price as well.

The cheapest I have found so far for what we need is a little over $1000.

Which is kinda pricey.

Any suggestions?

• Members

What quantity are you looking for? 1000 CDs at 1000 bucks is a good price. With artwork, jewel case, disc printing and shrinkwrap, you can generally expect to pay around $1.25 t0 $1.40 a copy for 1000 CDs. For 500, it's more like $1.60-1.75 per.

• Members

What quantity are you looking for? 1000 CDs at 1000 bucks is a good price. With artwork, jewel case, disc printing and shrinkwrap, you can generally expect to pay around $1.25 t0 $1.40 a copy for 1000 CDs. For 500, it's more like $1.60-1.75 per.

+1

• Members

We're in the process of having ours mastered and replicated by Imprint. So far we're very pleased, mostly with prices and communication. We haven't gotten our masters yet to listen to so I can't comment on quality.

Very reasonable compared to most other places. We're doing 1,000 discs, 4-panel inserts (full color outside, b/w inside) in jewel cases for $925. Full mastering (normalizing & dynamic mastering) for a 40 min disc is running us about $170. CD text on 10 tracks at $3 a pop.

Comes to $1125 for the whole deal. If we chose a cheaper insert, and had a friend master it for free we could have gotten it down to $875!

• Members

yeah about the cheapest i found was 1000 cds for $899.

or 200 for $400.

i'm not exactly sure how much to order right off the bat, since i cannot guarantee these cds actually being sold in mass quantity.

i know 1000 cds would be too much to try to get rid of to start out, so i'm browsing my options at the moment.

thanks for all the help though.

it's much appreciated.

• Members

yeah about the cheapest i found was 1000 cds for $899.

or 200 for $400.

i'm not exactly sure how much to order right off the bat, since i cannot guarantee these cds actually being sold in mass quantity.

i know 1000 cds would be too much to try to get rid of to start out, so i'm browsing my options at the moment.

thanks for all the help though.

it's much appreciated.

start with 100 and do like a two-page panel to save some money. if they sell well, you can always do a re-print or up the quantity.

since the original order is always the hardest (submitting music, artwork, etc.) i would pick a company that's it's easy to deal with (fast communication, great customer service, etc) since you'll most likely deal with them again!

-PJ

• Members

Tennessee Production Center does a great job-

Call Dana King for a quote on your job-

865-577-5597 Ext. 545

tell Dana that Brad Hasting referred you!

Thanks,

Brad Hasting

Entertainment Director

Big Mama's Digital Entertainment

865-247-1336

bhasting@tnpro.com

www.knoxrocks.tv

www.myspace.com/knoxbattleofthebands

www.bigmamasunplugged.com

www.myspace.com/bigmamasunplugged

• Members

I did a dvd replication (not dvd-r duplication) project through proactionmedia.com, and was very pleased with their service. I don't think they are the cheapest one out there, but the communication was excellent and I have never seen one dvd so far that had playback problems. Check out their web site and see if their cd replication/duplication service works for you.

I would go for replication service because it is cheaper and has a lot less playback issues, but you have to order at least 1,000 copies. Duplication can be done at a lower quantity, but after you compare the cost per copy, there is no way you can justify it. As mentioned by others, around $1.00 per copy for replication is a norm for 1,000 copies including shipping. Yes, shipping is a substantial addition to your expense, so if you have a local company that you can just go and pick up the cd's, use their service.

1,000 cd's are not that many. And since you get a lot more copies with the same amount of money, you can give them away for promotion with a lot less financial pain.

My 2 cents...

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Just CD-R duplication from the look of it.

Yes and it's quite good enough. I have done 4 CD's with them and never had oen fail. CDR's are fine these days. People will be ripping it to their iphones stat, anyway. Seriously. Kunaki is ALL you need these days and cheap for 1 or a 1000

• Members

We had a fantastic experience with Nationwide Disc. Eight Page booklets, full color, 1000 in jewel cases with shrink wrap, upc, the whole nine yards -spine label for $1200. In 2000 discs, I think we had one person come to us about receiving a bad copy. We got a special, but they run them pretty frequently it seems. Duplication for 1.75 seems pretty steep if you get into large quantities. Pretty unbeatable in small batches though.

Archived