is there not a latest "music business" book available since the industry has changed drastically?

samal50

• Moderators

I think there is so much ongoing paradigm shift that no one at this point in time can mount a seriously definitive book on the industry. There are a gazillion bloggers stepping around the issue that there is no good answer at the moment. The major labels are struggling and the independents are finding new avenues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Currently reading "How to Make It in the New Music Business" by Ari Herstand. I'm about halfway through. He covers a lot and provides specifics on what has worked for him, as well as what he sees working for other musicians he knows. Just published at the end of 2016, so it's the most up-to-date book out there that I'm aware of.

Currently reading "How to Make It in the New Music Business" by Ari Herstand. I'm about halfway through. He covers a lot and provides specifics on what has worked for him' date=' as well as what he sees working for other musicians he knows. Just published at the end of 2016, so it's the most up-to-date book out there that I'm aware of.[/quote']

Welcome to HC! :wave: Nice mini-review! :cool2:

By any chance, do you know who the publisher is?

• Moderators

Ari Herstand is one of the bloggers I was referring to. I was not aware he had published abook. That said....he can make all the pronouncements, but he is not a household name [at least not as yet], so the things that 'work' for him are not large scale. Much of this depends on one's definition of success.

• 1 month later...

Archived