Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal to use audio files from a YouTube video?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal to use audio files from a YouTube video?

I've titled a song of mine "Just Do It", which will be released on iTunes and YouTube sometime next week.

It's meant to be a fun song and lyrics of the song was inspired by the old viral video "Just Do It" by Shia LaBeouf.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=wCxRKb_kZzI

I had an idea of adding a small audio part from his video where he says "JUST DO IT" into the YouTube video I'll be uploading for that song. I think it would be a fun addition since a lot of the lyrics for that song are inspired by what he says in his motivational video that went viral. I will fully credit him in the description as well.

Am I breaking any YouTube copyright laws? Am I better off not taking the risk?
    Last edited by KevinTJH; 01-18-2017, 07:22 PM.

You are going to infringe on his copyright. Contact the Harry Fox Agency and pay the mechanical license fee for this use.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Working...
    X