SRL Networks A&R /Skunk Radio Live. Legit or scam?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

I am asking this question regarding SRL Networks London. They have sent my son's band an email asking for one mp3 to be reviewed and maybe played on skunkradio live.

Is this a legit thing or is it a scam? Possibly both?

The person in the email says they are A&R for SRL but only list a first name and last initial. Any input would be helpful.

Oh and FWIW I am the member formerly know as BASSDAD. Haven't posted in a few years. Son has grown up and is in a band that does some local Boston area gigs.

• Moderators

sending them a sample won't hurt, but make sure they have their copyright filed. They seem pretty scattershot but I don't see anyone making charges...yet... but obviously other people are asking the same questions you are.

they seem like they are legit, at least they have android apps, etc., which is a long way to go for a scam, IMHO.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply. They have done zero copyright effort. I will tell the band they should get their assses on this forum and figure that out as I see there areas on the forum that deal with this. Currently they do Facebook, instagram and bandcamp. Would electronic records help them without a copyright?

I haven;t clicked your links yet but I did a search before I posted the thread and found nothing.

Thanks again for the reply

Archived