Newbie in the business

Hypnotechnic

• Members

I recently wrote and produced my debut ambient album, the real chill, and when I played it to friends and people I know are interested in meditation and relaxation, I generally had very positive feedback, and people encouraged me to advertise it more. I've been setting up sound cloud, Facebook, twitter and a website etc just to get heard, although it is all very overwhelming and tricky to get people listening. All I want is for people to hear my music, I'm not interested in money or even popularity I just want to get heard. I'v also been sending physical demos out to musical people i know. Does anyone have some good advice on how to get heard on a low budget??

• Moderators

There is no one way, and you are on the right track. Get some youtube presence, and please tell me you filed copyright docs on your material. You are competing against the entire planet via the internet, so barring a viral video, don't expect too much.

• Moderators

Its commonly said that in order to make money you have to spend money. Do whatever you can to stretch your budget and put some money into promotion. And since you have already produced the album, much of the production expenses are already done with. You can advertise using Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google. Their rates are pretty flexible, so look into whatever works for you. If your content is good and desirability is high then it could work out, especially if you know how to present and position your product properly.

Archived