New Company and Guitar Company Name and Branding

multi14

• Members

Hi Everyone,

This is an unusual request but I am terrible with this type of thing. I am looking for some help in naming a new Amp and Guitar Company.

Currently we build speaker and head cabinets and do restorations. We want to expand into full amp production and eventually guitars.

I prefer not to go the common/conservative route of using my name (kinda boring). I would prefer something that stands out.

Looking for a balance between being memorable and being taken seriously.

Some initial thoughts ….

Wicked

Eleven (11)

RIFF

Siren

Dalton

Ice

Any votes?

Any fresh ideas?

Thanks in advance……

• Members

Maybe you should expand a bit further until you know what you're main clientele would be like. Or, just use your name in the meantime. How bad could your name be?

For instance, if you make amps/guitars that do the brutal well, a name like RIFF or Wicked would ring better than Dalton. The converse would be true if you specialized in guitars for country music.

• Members

Maybe you should expand a bit further until you know what you're main clientele would be like. Or, just use your name in the meantime. How bad could your name be?

For instance, if you make amps/guitars that do the brutal well, a name like RIFF or Wicked would ring better than Dalton. The converse would be true if you specialized in guitars for country music.

True, I guess our assumption was that we would have a model line that would appeal to the blues (ie. Fender) crowd and a model that would appeal to the heavier (ie Marshall) crowd.

If I went the name route that would be "Mendenhall" Would that look too much like Marshall on the front of the amp?

• Members

FishBird Guitars

Fishbird Amps

Guitar Of Grody

Amps of Grody

Rodney Jonah Guitars

Ranstrong Guitars

Ron Charis Guitars

Keytone Guitars

Godfrey Guitars

Goodit Guitars

Zum Guitars

Alyany Guitars

Sigrun Guitars

Guitwuit Guitars

Ozerit Guitars

Whitesing Guitars

Charis Guitars

Volt Guitars

Lauraine Temple Guitars

Kari Gry Guitars

Gaia Guitars

• Members

Go for some old racingteam name...i always liked VanWall.....or surtees or some old drivers name

VanWall Guitars

Surtees Guitars

Hawthorn guitars

Steward guitars

Lotus guitars

Brabham Guitars

Fangio guitars

Shelby Guitars

Rindt guitars

etc...

• Members

you forgot

Brabham Guitars

then he could call the guitars models Continental, Americana, Mandarin, Africana; Shanghai, NYC Tele, LA Strat, Swiss, Formula-1, Formula-2... Swiss buy anything, they have too much money, Switzerland is anyway the worlds test market, "When You Can Sell It There, You Can Sell It Anywhere"

• Members

FishBird Guitars

Fishbird Amps

Guitar Of Grody

Amps of Grody

Rodney Jonah Guitars

Ranstrong Guitars

Ron Charis Guitars

Keytone Guitars

Godfrey Guitars

Goodit Guitars

Zum Guitars

Alyany Guitars

Sigrun Guitars

Guitwuit Guitars

Ozerit Guitars

Whitesing Guitars

Charis Guitars

Volt Guitars

Lauraine Temple Guitars

Kari Gry Guitars

Gaia Guitars

that's quite an extensive list. Looks like you have an affinity for using names.

• Members

You should Google things first. The first two I checked, Siren and Riff, are already the names of guitar makers.

I did google quite a bit. I also searched state databases and patent and trademark offices looking for any conflicts. (been working on this for a year and I am terrible with this stuff) Closest thing I found for RIFF is a discontinued guitar model made by either Harmony or Heritage. Either way it's not being made now. Other than that there is Wildriff which is just an online reseller not a manufacturer.

Thanks

• Members

a guitar and amp brand name has to ring, make the owner of the product proud

should be unique, unforgetable, and sound elegant, like best craftmanship, top class and so on, and it needs a logo you can recognize from far.

At the recent Euro soccer cup, only the logo of McDonald "M" was identifiable on tv, the rest of the sponsor logo didn't do anything

• Members

a guitar and amp brand name has to ring, make the owner of the product proud

should be unique, unforgetable, and sound elegant, like best craftmanship, top class and so on, and it needs a logo you can recognize from far.

At the recent Euro soccer cup, only the logo of McDonald "M" was identifiable on tv, the rest of the sponsor logo didn't do anything

I agree 100%, hence I'm still looking after a year.

I know everyone assumes "11" only refers to "Spinal Tap", but after reading up on it, it seems over the years it has taken on a much broader meaning as far quality, going the extra mile, one up, etc. Also, around here many upscale restaurants and other businesses use numbers as their name to indicate just that. Just didn't want to seem too cliche if people only thought of "Spinal Tap"

• Moderators

Krappy guitars...... Gibder.....Fenson ( not bad eh?).....Badass.....( existing?..) Badream..... Dirtycapo....Oldwood.....Melange....MixFix....Foxyou.....Fatfinger..... Fake Guitars.....( i like this...) Oldman.....

Vic Gtrs ......NEXT guitar...... Soul guitars......Spirit......Bones......

Happy Guitars......? Blue .....? Real Mac...... Sorry but the list its very long.......good luck !!

• Members

11 doesn't mean anything here, as well have no clue what spinal rap is, sound like chiropractor to me

when an American would just say: "11" then the first thing which would come to my mind is 7-Eleven

and 11 is not a lucky number un Asia

I didn't know about 11 in Asia, and I see what you mean about 7-eleven. Where are you located? Spinal Tap was a popular movie here in the US in the 80's. The dim-witted guitarist in the movie thought he was cool because his special amp went to 11 instead of 10.

• Members

total genius would be to call it:

GUITAR

GUITAR AMP

BASS AMP

that would sooner or later eliminate all other brands of guitars and amps from the market.

Genius Indeed. That's my kinda thinking. Could also be why I haven't come up with a good name yet. :)

• Members

What about "MDH" using the key letters from your name?

Yes that is cool. Once I considered EDM, (my initials) but the advice of the Branding "Experts" was to avoid Initials. Plus on a logo the EDM could look too much like the EVH Brand.

Archived