I can cover many artists what is the next step?

VladM

• Members

I can cover just about every legend. Hendrix, Dylan, Nick Drake, Jackson C. Frank.

I can do it all. I can play anything and sing anything and I have a catalog of 60+ songs. I can compose, I can produce, record. I can do it all. I don't even need the industry anymore. The music industry is completely obsolete now. What is it for anyways? I completely bypassed it and I am famous in artists' circles. I'm almost too good for it, but I gotta get paid.

What next? What now?

I gotta get paid now.

There's so much mediocre talent getting gigs these days real talent like me gets silenced.

Its a real shame these days. The talentless always get more gigs. Bland un-original acts are selling our hard while real artists are struggling. This nonsense has to stop now. All these jokes gotta get off the stage. The burnouts gotta get off now and go to sleep. Its the artists' turn now. Its the artists' turn to take the stage. Playtime is over. I believe this massive crowd of burnt out sell-outs is preventing true talent from breaking through. True talent just gives up eventually. How many times can an artist scream at a room full of deaf ears with no one listening?

• Members

Also, my memory is good. I remember everything. I don't do drugs anymore. My memory is razor sharp. Here's a song I just wrote in 5 minutes:

Hey Burnouts, Go to Sleep!

There's a stage for all these days

Even bad stars need a way

To make rent and to survive

Even though they suck at life

Garbage spewing music fiends

Talentless and ripping at the seams

Got no albums, got no name

Got nobody left to blame

Just get off the stage you stupid freaks

Its my turn now, can't you see

Stop wasting precious time

And go live a useful life

If you have not made it by now

You're just milking a dry cow

Go to bed and get some sleep

Making it is for the deep

Time is up and burnouts rot

Sign my talent or I'll trot

Across the pond to better towns

I need my big music crown

I'm a royal rockstar now

And you're all just old burnouts

Go to sleep and get some rest

And leave stage time for the best

• Members

If I don't get signed in like 3 or 4 months I'm booking to England and well, sorry America. Its just too damn bad, isn't it now?

Across that pond they'll treat me how I deserve to be treated.

Like rock royalty.

Columbia better sign me soon, or else I'm booking to London.

Gone, outta here.

I can cover Nick Drake. If I don't get signed here, why, tell me why, should I stay?

London runs the game.

• Members

Oops, I thought this was OPEN JAM. You should be in Vegas with that many covers under your belt and the ability to pen such memorable lines so quickly. Why the need to ask us maroons what the problem is? Yes, sell it to Einstein. He WILL help you. I think he IS in Europa. I'm out. peace, love.

P.S. I got more ideas for covers if ya need 'em. Just tryin' to help, ya know..

As always, John Watt.. er.. wait a minute, You are John Watt you tricky bastard..

• Members

I'm not joking around. If I don't get paid soon I'm hopping across the pond and becoming a British citizen. This is not a joke anymore. I gotta get paid. Dig this:

http://soundcloud.com/iochicagoband/burnout-blues

No, I'm not actually mean lol

This is just art and I know how to act. I could never play in Vegas. Too many people. I need small to mid-size venues. No stadiums. Too many people. Way too many. I don't want countless millions of dollars. I just want to be comfortable and at ease.

I'm not a ball of fire like the Tallest Man on Earth. I like to sit, relax, have a drink, be comfortable. I don't hop around on stage like him. I sit there, play my songs, relax. Nice and easy. I don't really do theatrics like him. He's very intense.

I'm more like Josh Ritter. Easy going, relaxed. No need to rush anything. I play sitting down and at ease. Very mellow. No gimmicks.

• Members

I'm not joking around. If I don't get paid soon I'm hopping across the pond and becoming a British citizen. This is not a joke anymore. I gotta get paid. Dig this:

No, I'm not actually mean lol

This is just art and I know how to act. I could never play in Vegas. Too many people. I need small to mid-size venues. No stadiums. Too many people. Way too many. I don't want countless millions of dollars. I just want to be comfortable and at ease.

I'm not a ball of fire like the Tallest Man on Earth. I like to sit, relax, have a drink, be comfortable. I don't hop around on stage like him. I sit there, play my songs, relax. Nice and easy. I don't really do theatrics like him. He's very intense.

I'm more like Josh Ritter. Easy going, relaxed. No need to rush anything. I play sitting down and at ease. Very mellow. No gimmicks.

good luck in London.

• Members

This is entertaining.

Not because there is any merit in the OP.

Rather, it is a nice distillation of the thought process and expectations of a lot of "artists" who have absolutely no real experience in their field.

Good job at catching that way of being and distilling it down to a single character.

• Members

I think you may have inadvertently hit upon something that could potentially actually help your career. You could be this persona - like the Andy Kaufman of music - Is he serious and really pissed off at the audience? Does he sincerely think he's all that, or is he just playing a character? Is he just on drugs? You could call yourself Vlad The Inhaler and challenge famous female musical artists you think suck to wrestling matches just to add fuel to the fire.

• Members

well...

Flat the Impaler has 60+ hit songs, that's about a total worth of more then $100 million USD, or about £$180 million when he signs in London

Will you please exchange my US dollars for GB pounds at that exhange rate?

I get to pick the escrow agent, subject to your approval (of course). Mark C.

• Members

I can cover just about every legend. Hendrix, Dylan, Nick Drake, Jackson C. Frank.

I can do it all. I can play anything and sing anything and I have a catalog of 60+ songs. I can compose, I can produce, record. I can do it all. I don't even need the industry anymore. The music industry is completely obsolete now. What is it for anyways? I completely bypassed it and I am famous in artists' circles. I'm almost too good for it, but I gotta get paid.

What next? What now?

I gotta get paid now.

There's so much mediocre talent getting gigs these days real talent like me gets silenced.

Its a real shame these days. The talentless always get more gigs. Bland un-original acts are selling our hard while real artists are struggling. This nonsense has to stop now. All these jokes gotta get off the stage. The burnouts gotta get off now and go to sleep. Its the artists' turn now. Its the artists' turn to take the stage. Playtime is over. I believe this massive crowd of burnt out sell-outs is preventing true talent from breaking through. True talent just gives up eventually. How many times can an artist scream at a room full of deaf ears with no one listening?

The only thing I can suggest to an artist of your awesome humility is to click here every day for the next 15 years and follow the advice you get there. If that doesn't work, repost this thread again in 2027.

• Members

I am sorry, no, I exchange only Swiss Francs to Liechtensteinian Francs, but we pay 1.99 CHF the kilo for USD and GBP bills, for coins we pay half the metal prize.

• Moderators

I can do it all. I can play anything and sing anything and I have a catalog of 60+ songs. ....am famous in artists' circles. I'm almost too good for it, but I gotta get paid.

What next? What now?

1: turn down the ego. If you are a 'real talent', this works against you.

2: Although I know who Jackson C. Frank was, and his influence on several folk musicians from the 60s, I sadly would not call him (or for that matter, Nick Drake) legendary.

3: 60 songs? WOW! :eek: ...come back when you've hit 200...

4: Enjoy your trip to London...one of the most expensive cities to live in...do you have any connections there?

5: instead of knocking the people who spent the time to get the gigs you can't seem to get, figure out how to get them.

6:"If you have not made it by now, You're just milking a dry cow" I don't think you 'udderly' understand the irony of this song...it is really about you failing, isn't it?

:wave:

I am assuming this is a troll, and rather than just blow you out of the water, I thought this would be more informative...

• Members

I am sorry, but I only exchange Swiss Francs to Liechtensteinian Francs,

however we buy US Dollar bills for $0.03 the kilo, and recycle the paper in China at Nine Dragons Paper company.

• Members

Many fail as original musician simply because theirs memory it too good

Ain't that the truth? I'm probably the greatest musician to ever live, after Vlad ..... because every time I come up with a great riff or melody I can recall a song that sounds like it, and it turns me off completely from going further.

• Members

Ain't that the truth? I'm probably the greatest musician to ever live, after Vlad ..... because every time I come up with a great riff or melody I can recall a song that sounds like it, and it turns me off completely from going further.

tell us something new

we knew already that you are the 2nd greatest

• Members

What next? What now?

I gotta get paid now.

I know 100 people around they world who can cover those artists better than the artist can cover themselves but they don't have any original material 1/100000th as compelling as any of them. That's what you should concentrate on as you're building up your gigging chops. When you do at least 1000 live shows and have written a few hundred tunes, check back. Then you're ready to MAYBE step into the arena.

For now however, learn about 500 more cover songs and study the {censored} out of them. What makes these classic songs GREAT. Eventually it will all come together and seap into your bones. Gonna take 5-10 years of doing it full time however to get on the path to being great. Are you ready for the challenge or do you just want to be famous? The choice is yours. :)

Archived