Web site solutions: BandCamp.com

• Members

I just started to use bandcamp for my music page on my web site. I know there are others that do the same thing, but this solved many of my web site wants. I don't have any other involvement with them, I just think it is a good product. Check out Weebly and bandcamp if you don't have much website building experience. :thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Heard great things about BandCamp. I also hear quite a lot about BandZoogle and BandVista who both do a similar thing I think. It'd be interesting to see a comparison of the three with pricing etc. A few friends back home in Oxford have also started using something called Telnames, which is like a free mobile website builder. I don't think it's aimed at bands, but can certainly be used by them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I fully agree 100% that BandCamp is the best music hosting and sales point site out there. I've tried many including Reverb Nation which I found to be way too cumbersome and complicated to use. I also paid for distribution through Reverb Nation but after virtually no sales I abandoned it which now means any future sales goes to Reverb nation, not me.

BandCamp on the other hand has been fantastic for sales. Proceeds come direct to me and I have sold a lot there. But here are the main reasons like BandCamp

1. No silly comments or ratings

2. No waste of time social network functionality.

3. No advertisements

4. No links to similar artists/music to take people away from your music.

5. Simple and clean page layout easily customized.

6. The user tools are so simple and effective they should get an award.

7. I had one question and actually got a personal response back.

8. Money comes to my PayPal.

9. Can track song plays, sales, downloads and see where most listens com from very easily.

10. Allows me to upload 24/96 and 24/192 WAV masters

11. Multiple download options including lossless FLAC

Archived