I received $100 in free advertising from google...

• Members

I have no idea how google advertising works, but I have experimented with facebook advertising.

www.facebook.com/walkingabortions - - - (reluctant to spam my page on here but I feel it's relevant here)

The logo you see - an overjoyed close up of a girls face - was the image associated with the ad. People tend to respond more to close ups of people's faces that 'sticks out' from the rest of the page. That's an image my then gf took of herself that I then fiddle with to look a tad brighter.

I'd also suggest creating several different ads and noting how people respond to them. I'd also suggest learning some things about your fans and experimenting with different forms of targeting.

• Members

with google advertising, you are more or less paying them to move you up the ladder on search results, and you basically use X amount of that value each time your link is clicked, regardless of origin. It's easy to blow thru $500-$1000 a month with even a small business or band, so that $100 is nothing more than a drop in the well to them in an effort to hook you. Like anything else in capitalist nature, the more $$ you pay up front (different tiers of advertising levels), the higher they put you up the ladder over any similar-search competition.

I just learned all of this over the last couple of months, but I find it disturbingly interesting that when anyone does a search, they get not the most relevant results, but the results based on who paid the most.

• Members

I have no idea how google advertising works

it works bely bely good for google

and soon all are on #1 in the search results, and if you don't pay you are moved to the 25'000'000th page, there where the terrorist usually surf

• Members

with google advertising, you are more or less paying them to move you up the ladder on search results, and you basically use X amount of that value each time your link is clicked, regardless of origin. It's easy to blow thru $500-$1000 a month with even a small business or band, so that $100 is nothing more than a drop in the well to them in an effort to hook you. Like anything else in capitalist nature, the more $$ you pay up front (different tiers of advertising levels), the higher they put you up the ladder over any similar-search competition.

I just learned all of this over the last couple of months, but I find it disturbingly interesting that when anyone does a search, they get not the most relevant results, but the results based on who paid the most.

huh... Well, this is useless to me then. I'm already the top search results if you google my band name... so, what's the point?

• Members

:lol:
That's true... but I didn't have to pay for it!

my real name only one person exist on this planet

however when i want to google Police and do not pay, then I very likely find no pop band, but land on a Sheriff department and the Lobo is a Joe

• Members

my real name only one person exist on this planet

however when i want to google Police and do not pay, then I very likely find no pop band, but land on a Sheriff department and the Lobo is a Joe

:lol: I see what you mean... but I'm the only one who uses the word Somnistatic.

• Members

+1 on that. Nothing beats being on your own sometimes with no one jabbering at you.

I don't exaggerate my solitude. In the monastery I search for peace and condonation, thirty-five nuns are cooking and making breakfast, and sometimes I sing with them at 5:30 AM in the chapel

• Members

I don't exaggerate my solitude. In the monastery I search for peace and condonation, thirty-five nuns are cooking and making breakfast, and sometimes I sing with them at 5:30 AM in the chapel

Just don't bash the Bishop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived