Social Media chart?

Gremson

• Members

Hey guys. This is my first post in this forum.

I've been doing most of the innerneting for the band. Promoting and whatnot.

I've got our stuff on Myspace, Facebook, Reverbnation, Twitter, Muxtape, Youtube, and I was about to make a purevolume account too. but I'd really like an idea of where to focus my efforts in promotion. Is myspace still the biggest deal? What's after that?

I'd just really like a clue to get my bearings on the best way to promote my band online.

Thanks guys!

• Members

Hey guys. This is my first post in this forum.

I've been doing most of the innerneting for the band. Promoting and whatnot.

I've got our stuff on Myspace, Facebook, Reverbnation, Twitter, Muxtape, Youtube, and I was about to make a purevolume account too. but I'd really like an idea of where to focus my efforts in promotion. Is myspace still the biggest deal? What's after that?

I'd just really like a clue to get my bearings on the best way to promote my band online.

Thanks guys!

I would put my efforts into a really good blog or website and divert all the attention I received on my social networking sites to that blog/site. In addition, I would set up my own store on the website so the more people that frequent it will likely purchase the music from my online store.

I'd definitely look into a service that would allow you to host your files online so when people make Paypal purchases, they could dl directly from your site and then you could avoid using itunes or anyone else as a middle man (even though itunes is still good too).

• Members

I would put my efforts into a really good blog or website and divert all the attention I received on my social networking sites to that blog/site. In addition, I would set up my own store on the website so the more people that frequent it will likely purchase the music from my online store.

While I think this is a very good way to promote your music, Poker 99 sums it all up.

Without good songs...you will go no where.........

• Members

I must not have phrased the question right.

So Sabriel9v says to focus on writing good blogs for people to see...

What I want to know is where to write those blogs? Would more people see them on myspace, Facebook, where?

Oh, and thanks for the deep insight, Poker99

• Members

Well, I visited your MySpace page and I think you have some good songs. Excellent vocals, too. So.... follow Sabriel9's advice. Besides, "making good songs" is a critical part of the equation, but there's all that other stuff you have to do. Otherwise, it's just a waste of a good song.

I'd build a strong band website as a next step, with the blog posted there.

Good luck!

• Members

From a band website, how would the blog get out into traffic? Seems to me you'd want it more accessible than on one independent website.

And you're right about making good songs. Maybe I've just been lucky enough to be working with other gifted people. But I wouldn't be asking these questions if I felt the songs weren't any good. Just kind of a "derr" moment to answer any question with that response.

• Members

From a band website, how would the blog get out into traffic? Seems to me you'd want it more accessible than on one independent website.

And you're right about making good songs. Maybe I've just been lucky enough to be working with other gifted people. But I wouldn't be asking these questions if I felt the songs weren't any good. Just kind of a "derr" moment to answer any question with that response.

Links, links & more links.

Read this

And this

And go here

• Members

We built our website with bandvista.com. our cost was $120 for the year, which got us the site tools for building,our domain category4band.com. a free year on gigleader.com, which is a great advertising media. (we received several offers to bid on gigs, plus a year on bandmix.com. We have had 7950 hits since March. We posted tunes using reverbnation, and added the player to other sites as well.

• Members

From a band website,
how would the blog get out into traffic?
Seems to me you'd want it more accessible than on one independent website.

Thats the purpose of the social networking sites. Picture the social networking sites as road signs that all lead to one city which is your blog/website.

Having a professional website where you not only have your music, but your commerce proves to people that you're willing to go the extra mile and put effort into your music. It's very easy to set up a myspace account, but to have a real site you have to go to the next step.

If you want a site built, pm me and I'll get you my friends info. He built these sites

www.hijackingmusic.com

www.atownpress.com

He's got more than those too

• Members

Cool info guys.

With all the social media pages I didn't think it was even necessary to make a specific band site.

I know form personal experience when I wanna check out a band, I look for 'em on myspace. I haven't bothered to look at a real band website since myspace caught on.

Archived