Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My god... what's happened to CDBABY since Diskmakers bought them out?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My god... what's happened to CDBABY since Diskmakers bought them out?

CDBABY was THE premier independant music distributor up until they were bought out by Discmakers. As a long time CDBABY artist, they were excellent to work with... fast and straight-forward accounting, fast status reports, fast customer service, excellent communication, and rarely if ever a customer complaint.

Now, "the new CDBABY" owned and operated by Discmakers, is a total nightmare. The accounting system is so complex and user unfriendly that it's a joke. Their customer service is non-existant. Requests for support go unanswered.

Am I alone, or are there more fed up CDBABY artists and customers out there? What a MESS! oke:
    My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Sounds like they hired a website development company that has no idea about the music industry works.

Comment

I got charged a $1 tax today. Is that normal????
      My gear thread:
      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1625196

www.myspace.com/zedthez
      www.myspace.com/pusserqchc
      www.myspace.com/distemperqchc
      www.myspace.com/rocketparkrip20042008
      webcast of ZED:
      http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2375190

Comment

There's another thread about this, BTW. Derek sold CDBaby to Discmakers, and everything was fine until they redid the website and broke everything. They're still working out bugs. Still. And still not answering all of their support e-mails. The reason they're not answering the support e-mails is that there's too many of them to answer.

I'm totally bummed. I've always loved CDBaby. But with my new CD about to be released within the next 4 weeks, I'm definitely looking to see what my other alternatives are. I'm still hopeful that CDBaby can fix their issues, but they'd better hurry. They've already lost customers and they're going to lose one more if they don't get their sh*t in order.
        ---
        Richard MacLemale
        My Website at www.richardmac.com

Comment

Sure wish Derek (or at least the system he created for the old CDBABY) was back. Even the new CDBABY logo looks cheezy... like something you'd see on a disposable diaper package.

Comment

Yes I had my first CD...."Songs for Kiddie Fiddlers" on there.
            Somebody say something.

Comment

I wonder how much he got for it.

Comment

I wonder how much he got for it.

I think it was 21 million.
                The new blog: http://synonymmusic.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Walters9515
                yes he is SIG:

[...]where is where but where could where be because where is he to where ,where

I know u have a full blow studio where and haven't ever heard what a envelope follower is or have never used one in your life beside with a Quack which u are quacking like a rubber ducky in a tub

Comment

Yeah, I'm currently dealing with CD Baby now sucking horribly. It's SO much different now, unbelievable. Before = simple, fast, great service. Now = NO service, not simple, not fast. Had helpful support for an issue, then my support person dropped off the face of the earth apparently. Still waiting for help. My CD SHOULD be released soon, if CD Baby gets it's **************** together. They had no problem taking my money however, that they've got down.

Comment

Yeah, I'm currently dealing with CD Baby now sucking horribly. It's SO much different now, unbelievable. Before = simple, fast, great service. Now = NO service, not simple, not fast. Had helpful support for an issue, then my support person dropped off the face of the earth apparently. Still waiting for help. My CD SHOULD be released soon, if CD Baby gets it's **************** together. They had no problem taking my money however, that they've got down.

I'm in a similar situation... they took my money, did a REALLY half-assed job getting the CD online (they put up the physical CD for sale on their sight, but only sent it to ONE download service, of which I'd never heard of). Now the download service disappeared and I've written them countless times about and received no response. Then to top it off, they're doing digital downloads of some of my CDs that I don't want them to do digital downloads of, and wrote them about that too, and received no response.

It doesn't bode well for them, or for us...

Comment

Wow.
                      Good for him!

Comment

As much as he hates me personally, I have to say good for him.

Comment

I definitely would have sold for that figure. Can't fault him for that.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Vaginas are nice, but I wouldn't trade my balls for one." - boxorox

Comment

I am told people are holding for 2 hours minimum when calling into customer service. Apparently they cut tons of customer service jobs there after it was sold.

Comment

I am told people are holding for 2 hours minimum when calling into customer service. Apparently they cut tons of customer service jobs there after it was sold.

well, at least they didn't outsource it to India, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Belize...
                              "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Working...
                              X