CD Labeling - creating my own design

• Members

I want to create a design for generic CD labels. This design will consist simply of 1) my signature AND 2) a logo (my design) with 3 white piano keys and 2 black keys - EXCEPT that I want these 2 graphics to be printed in GREEN ink on a nice bright yellow background. The whole CD label is to be yellow (with some green print). The yellow color is to be something along the lines of Sun Records.

I want to have these labels professionally printed as described. And to get it right, I'm thinking of using the local art supply store that also has printing services. The "setup" will be $40 for which I should have a file that is reusable for future printings. I'm thinking of getting maybe 100 printed (as I've described). Then when I create a CD to give to friends, I want to print the original YELLOW AND GREEN label with a track/song list in black on my own toner printer. The software I will be using to print the track list is Roxio Label Creator (included with Roxio Creator NXT 5).

I'm looking for feedback about the mechanics (not the aesthetics) of my plan. I was thinking of buying the labels linked below to take to the print shop.

Any comments or insights ? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/CD-Blank-Labe...lank+cd+labels

• Members
Incidentally' date=' Burnaware will do multiple simultaneous copies for around 40 bucks and Cyberlink P2G 11 is around 45 bucks until the 31st.[/quote']

Thanks for the tip 1001gear. I googled around a little and found Cyberlink P2G 11 Platinum seems to be $70 and the Deluxe $50. But I also found Nero 2017 for $40. The Nero seems to get consistent praise. I may end up buying it for my desktop. I bought Roxio Creator NXT 5 for a (permanently placed) laptop that sits next to my DP (digital piano) in the living room.

Regarding the issue of CD labels, paper or otherwise, I think I'll have to ask this over in SSS.

Archived