Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Design/Layout

Anyone ever produce their own cd, or design someone else's?
    I am not a designer. I'll probably get one though.
    However, before I get the designer I would like to know how big my cd package must be in order to accommodate the lyrics for each song. There is a huge price difference between a 4-panel insert and a 6 panel.

It seems like a catch twenty-two: I need it designed first in order to see how big it must be...but I need to see how big it must be in order to give design instructions (and know how much money I need).

Are there rules-of-thumb, i.e. "Never use a font smaller than XXX...and if put into columns of XXX dimensions, you can usually get XXX characters onto one cd panel.

You should look at some commercial releases and find one close (in layout terms) to what you want to do. Then, provide that to your designer.

Comment

Originally posted by BG76 View Post
      You should look at some commercial releases and find one close (in layout terms) to what you want to do. Then, provide that to your designer.
      This sounds like the best idea. I ended up doing a simple sleeve and I'm making a downloadable booklet for the rest...
      Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
      McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
      MarkWein.com

Comment

The one place I've been to (online) is Discmakers. They can do everything in house. Artwork, mastering, CD printing.

Comment

Working...
        X