iTunes Sucks!

• Members

I was shocked to find that I, someone from Australia, can't upload music and become a content provider for iTunes. I have to only be from America, use a Mac computer, and have a US tax ID, none of which I have!!

I had no idea! So nobody from England or Europe or Canada or anywhere besides the US can put music on iTunes to sell???

• Members

I was shocked to find that I, someone from Australia, can't upload music and become a content provider for iTunes. I have to only be from America, use a Mac computer, and have a US tax ID, none of which I have!!

I had no idea! So nobody from England or Europe or Canada or anywhere besides the US can put music on iTunes to sell???

Did you do a google search of Itunes Australia and look into signing up with them? I'm going to go ahead and guess not.

Try Tunecore or any other multiple outlet content placement service. I paid 30 bucks to get them to set me up my own account and get me on numerous sites, itunes included.

• Members

Why even bother with iTunes anymore? I had my last couple records on there and I did sell quite a bit as well as through CDbaby but at this point I'm just going to use Bandcamp. Everything I need is on there to link to and sell my records directly where I cut out the middleman and keep most of the funds. They go right into my paypal. Also, you can link to physical product should someone want to buy a CD which I have set up to have replicated on demand through Kunaki. It's really perfect. If I google myself, yea I'm on all sort of digital distribution but most of my sales were from live shows, through CD baby or the result of a podcast that played my tunes in which case it wouldn't matter where my music was; if someone wanted it they would get it where ever I had it. I can see the benefit of being on iTunes if you're a more well known artist but if you're just a DIY like the rest of us, check out the other alternatives that don't take 1/3 of $$...When I make disks on demand through Kunaki, they take $1 for processing and charge a modest shipping. It's cheaper then CD Baby and all automated.

• Members

I actually did Google iTunes Australia but nothing came up, just the same American iTunes site. Meh.

I’ve moved on now anyway. Lol.

Ha ha! Well fair enough. You might try what Sean suggested and go with Bandcamp. But if you did go with itunes, you can sign up in your own country and the stuff goes worldwide anyway. But no one's making any real money anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Archived