Advice About Tranfering Session Data

• Members

Hello all!

I need to get my Pro Tools session data to some friends so they can mix/master them, but they are around 4 gigs each. I cannot join any file transfer website cause I'm in the negative financially and I don't think I would have to pay anyway. There are plenty of wen sites I'm sure. If you guy's could help me cut through all that internet blah blah blah, and recommend maybe the best way to do so I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

• Members

Hello all!

I need to get my Pro Tools session data to some friends so they can mix/master them, but they are around 4 gigs each. I cannot join any file transfer website cause I'm in the negative financially and I don't think I would have to pay anyway. There are plenty of wen sites I'm sure. If you guy's could help me cut through all that internet blah blah blah, and recommend maybe the best way to do so I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Send them a data dvd via snail mail. Or ask you friends if they have some ftp space (or "yousendit") you could use. Some of my publishers have a "drop box" I can use to send large files.

John :)

• Members

So would you say compressing would be a bad thing? I also saw this site

http://click2copy.com/

OK GUYS THIS IS NOT A SHAMELESS PROMOTION FOR A WEBSITE OK...lol Just wanted to make that clear! I have never tried this kind of site before. I was using filemail.com, but, these sessions are so large that it can take about 2 and a half hours to send!

Archived