Facebook Page VS Facebook Profile for Bands : What's better now?

• Members

I have noticed many local bands have now switched their activity from using their original Facebook band page over to a regular Facebook profile. I am guessing this is because of the inability for you to send event invitations from a PAGE but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else has any feedback about using a regular PROFILE vs PAGE nowadays.

• Moderators

I have noticed many local bands have now switched their activity from using their original Facebook band page over to a regular Facebook profile. I am guessing this is because of the inability for you to send event invitations from a PAGE but I'm not sure. I was wondering if anyone else has any feedback about using a regular PROFILE vs PAGE nowadays.

You can create events and invite people using a page. :confused:

I use a "My Band" tab to host music, plus we have a page too. Both attached to my personal account. I'll also occasionally use my own profile to mention bigger stuff, like an important show or CD release.

• Members

Facebook pages can be good for bands, i haven't had much experience with bands using facebook profiles.

You can send event invitations from a facebook like page, just go to 'Edit Page' under the main photo then scroll down to 'Events' and click 'Edit'.

Facebook pages are a good place for your band as it's the only social media site on the internet where you can actually have a band profile on the same medium as your fans. This makes interaction much easier. I reckon facebook will be improving the interface pretty soon - it is a bit lackluster for bands at the moment.

Myspace used to be perfect for this interaction but Facebook seems to be where most humans have migrated to.

The main reason i'd recommend using a like page is because normal profiles have a max of 5,000 friends whereas you can have unlimited fans.

• Members

I have a fan page. I have two frustrations with it.

1.) For some reason when I post an event I have to manually invite people. Sure, I can send a message to everyone, but not an invite (easily anyways).

2.) I can't synch it with Twitter on my phone. Whatever I try to do via phone goes to my regular account. I can now send an email to my fan page which posts as a status update, but it is nowhere near as slick as the apps on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Facebook tries to sniff out and delete profiles that are not of actual human beings, just to let you all know.

...:eek: any more bad news of that flavor...? I'm not sure how they're going to know if someone simply created a new profile under another mail address - through IP?

Anyway: I have not yet understood the difference (if there IS one) between what you people call a PAGE and the page you reach by clicking the Myband tab.

I'm sure though I think the Myband tab is by far not good enough *if* it is the only way to access the Band page... But is it...?:confused:

I'm glad Myspace is there until further notice. Flexible, allows you to use 3d party players etc.

Archived