Last.fm Artist Royalty program?

• Members

Anyone know how this works? If it's just a chance for some very small amount of free money, then sign me up, but it looks like they really don't want you to be involved with any other sort of binding contract, which makes me suspicious of how signing up for the service will affect the ownership of your music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it's just free money. We use it, it's a very small amount unless you get lots of listeners.

I can't remember exactly what the contract it, but it's not exclusive and I think it just allows them to use your music on any areas of their site and software, which you get paid for too.

• Members

Yeah, I ended up agreeing to use the option. I'm sure there is some legal babble technique for getting around it, but the terms of use are pretty explicit about them claiming no ownership or rights over your music. I doubt I make a cent from it, but the potential is nice.

On a side note, I'm having a terrible time uploading my tracks. I've tried it about three times now and they all seem to be uploaded and associated with my album, but then I check back later and the album contains no tracks. Several days ago, I visited and my songs were online, but not associated with the album and I have no idea how or where to manage them. Is this a bug? Should I try uploading yet again?

Archived