Booking your own tour online

• Members

Hello,

I'm putting together a site to help bands book their own tours:

http://www.roadass.com/

Signing up is free and you'll get access to more venue info, as well as the ability to create tours, rate venues, etc.

I'm just getting this thing rolling, so feel free to let me know if there are any features you'd like to see.

Thanks,

RoadAss

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks, everybody, for the feedback!

Not on Twitter yet. Really just in beta mode right now trying to add venue data and develop a community on the site.

The plan (among others) is to more fully integrate with social networking sites in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

hmmm could have potential, but in my state you're missing 5-6 of the biggest music venues in Michigan, so I am skeptical if i'm even being shown the better venues in other states. Also the shelter & st. andrews are the same place. St. Andrews is upstairs, The shelter is downstairs, but it's the same building. Don't really see the need to have two seperate listings for them but that's not a big deal.

How are you compiling your list of venues and how are checking to make sure the prominent venues are on the list? you have some of the hole in the wall venues listed that no legitimate touring band would play, but missing the main venues a band would want to play.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as dickish, it's a good concept, but I'd be interested in seeing how exactly you're compiling these venues and how you plan to ensure me & others that we're being show all the major "hubs" in each city & state.

Good luck on your project!

Archived