Best band website builder?

• Members

I want to make a website for my band....but don't want to pay for a bespoke design...does anyone know of any 'ready-made' services that are good quality? There's loads of options out there, but I can't work out what's good and what's not.

Would be great if it allowed some kind on online sales or sales of physical CDs, and forums, that kind of thing.

• Members

Soooo you want to use a template system which looks like everything else out there and doesn't help distinguish your pride & joy (band) that you put lots of effort and heart into...

okay!

• Members

I want to make a website for my band....but don't want to pay for a bespoke design...does anyone know of any 'ready-made' services that are good quality? There's loads of options out there, but I can't work out what's good and what's not.

Would be great if it allowed some kind on online sales or sales of physical CDs, and forums, that kind of thing.

www.bandzoogle.com.

that's what we use. they also have an online store option.

-PJ

• Members

A self-hosted Wordpress site is highly recommended. Hundreds of options available to you and plenty of great documentation as well. You can get plugins for ecommerce and membership areas for free, which along with a paypal account should get you pretty far.

If you go with a packaged site for musicians, keep in mind that you're paying more for the convenience. If you're willing to DIY you can save some bucks and learn a thing or two at the same time. It's not rocket science, the online stuff has gotten a lot easier the last five years or so.

Otherwise, Bandcamp looks pretty cool as another place to put your music and sell downloads without them controlling or even skimming off your pricing - at least for now.

Good luck!

• Members

You could use wordpress, myspace or facebook page. wordpress and myspace needs a little bit of tweaking but other than that, its the best option. bands nowadays dont seem to bother with websites anymore, social networking sites works wonders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived