• 1 month later...
  • Members

Also, Radman you may want to double check that your copyright effectively started 1 year, 49 weeks, and 4 days as well. I just received my certification for a song, but the effective date started in September '09. I 'efiled' directly with the US copyright office and submittted an mp3 in Sep. '09.

• Members

Actually, your copyright started the minute your song(s) got put down in a tangible form like a piece of paper, tape, or a CDR. All you are doing is registering a copyright that already legally exists whether you register it or not.

As to the government being inefficient and slow....who didn't know that?:wave:

• Members

Actually, your copyright started the minute your song(s) got put down in a tangible form like a piece of paper, tape, or a CDR. All you are doing is registering a copyright that already legally exists whether you register it or not.

As to the government being inefficient and slow....who didn't know that?
:wave:

You are correct, but it could be difficult to prove unless something like registering the copyright is accomplished.

• Members

You are correct, but it could be difficult to prove unless something like registering the copyright is accomplished.

Indeed. I just was correcting the misconception that copyright doesn't occur until registration is complete.

But even with registration, proving infringement is harder than most people think. Getting damages is harder still.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived