Internet: The futuer opportunities for Creative Artists & musician service

• Members

Hi guys,

I am a music production student, and i am doing my final disseration!!!

My dissertation still left an important step.

Depending on my nationality(i am a chinese) and poor industry network, I have less opportunity to interview numerous senior industry practitioners.

So, I come to here.

This game is pretty easy. I will provide my questions in the below. If you have industry working experiences, or you are very interested in my question.

Please write down your job first,(composer, producer, studio owner, and name you are) and state your opinions as much as you can.

Please answer the question as honest as you can, as serious as you can!!!!!

I will really really appreciate that!!

------------------------------------------------------------

The question background is, digital technology hugely impacted music industry. Physical records sales decline, major artists experimented to handle their business on their own, and 'Big Fours' are F**ED Up!!!

On the other hand, Internet has become a powerful promotion tool for indie artist and musicians. Some of them have received unexpected success. Most new artist are tending to plan their future career without record labels.

According to my survey result, it shows over 50% artists and musicians do not have enough knowledge background to support them get certain level of success, which based on Internet self-promotion.

So, my question is, 'depending on your rich experiences, do you think is there any opportunities for some kind of internet based indie artists' services, which can avoid the limitation of traditional record labels, and help them to get success?

In the other word, do you think what dose the artist really need in their DIY Process??

PS: During my research, i found bunches of people are doing the music & artist online promotion supports. Such as www.KURB.co.nz

Archived