I have an Idea...

• Members

It's a million dollar idea i'd like to think.

How would I get in contact with someone who can help me expand the idea and not screw me over?

It would seem as if I got shops like GC and clubs and other places that it would be a win win situation.

I can get contracts made up so I can talk and sell the idea but how is it that I contact these people?

any help would be awesome!

:idea:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hahahahaha!

"Edison, are you mad? If the electric light was a good idea, we'd already have them!"
:idea:

probably not a great example there...as we did! for abt 80 years

Edison patented improvements (though Swan had beaten him to it and was already installing em in England)

[ed : but yeah, I hope that other post was just in jest]

• Members

Well think what you want. When you see me in guitar world in 1 year we'll see what you have to say.

Just kidding.

Although I have talked to a lot of touring musicians and they say it is one of the most brilliant ideas as of late.

Thanks you for all your help assholes.

I get my L.L.C. drawn up tomorrow and have already been pre-approved a hard money loan to get this {censored} started.

So again.

you guys are losers.

one more time.

losers.

• Members

Well think what you want. When you see me in guitar world in 1 year we'll see what you have to say.

Just kidding.

Although I have talked to a lot of touring musicians and they say it is one of the most brilliant ideas as of late.

Thanks you for all your help assholes.

I get my L.L.C. drawn up tomorrow and have already been pre-approved a hard money loan to get this {censored} started.

So again.

you guys are losers.

one more time.

losers.

Losers?

Well, who's the one asking for advice on an unnamed idea from complete strangers on an internet forum? :poke:

Just sayin'. Point one finger, have 3 pointing back at you, etc etc.....:wave:

Good luck with your millions. Maybe the government will let you keep some of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Food for thought..From Deek Sivers

It’s so funny when I hear people being so protective of ideas. (People who want me to sign an NDA to tell me the simplest idea.)

To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.

Explanation:

AWFUL IDEA = -1

WEAK IDEA = 1

SO-SO IDEA = 5

GOOD IDEA = 10

GREAT IDEA = 15

BRILLIANT IDEA = 20

NO EXECUTION = $1

WEAK EXECUTION = $1000

SO-SO EXECUTION = $10,000

GOOD EXECUTION = $100,000

GREAT EXECUTION = $1,000,000

BRILLIANT EXECUTION = $10,000,000

To make a business, you need to multiply the two.

The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20.

The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.

That’s why I don’t want to hear people’s ideas.

I’m not interested until I see their execution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Food for thought..From Deek Sivers

It’s so funny when I hear people being so protective of ideas. (People who want me to sign an NDA to tell me the simplest idea.)

To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.

Explanation:

AWFUL IDEA = -1

WEAK IDEA = 1

SO-SO IDEA = 5

GOOD IDEA = 10

GREAT IDEA = 15

BRILLIANT IDEA = 20

NO EXECUTION = $1

WEAK EXECUTION = $1000

SO-SO EXECUTION = $10,000

GOOD EXECUTION = $100,000

GREAT EXECUTION = $1,000,000

BRILLIANT EXECUTION = $10,000,000

To make a business, you need to multiply the two.

The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20.

The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.

That’s why I don’t want to hear people’s ideas.

I’m not interested until I see their execution.

I agree with this concept that execution is where the $ is at. But before you can get to execution you have to get to action. There are so many people that have great ideas and never implement them. I can be overwhelming to jump into something. I know because I have taken those steps myself. However, my position on the OP is go for it. I don't know that I have any concrete advise for you on your question, but I thought I would give you some encouragement bc it seems you have found a lot of naysayers.

Definitely do as much research as you can about the best way possible to execute your idea but if you do nothing, as it seems that most of the people posting here are suggesting, then you definitely won't succeed.

Archived