The Dumbest Idea I've Come Up With In a While!

• Members

I'm totally going to make an album and release it on 3 1/2" floppy diskettes.

No one would buy it, but it would satisfy my "inner-nerd."

You might as well. It's not much different than all the other epic fail ideas that DIY guys have come up with. :idk:

Just make sure you give them away for free. Maybe someone will buy a T shirt.

• Members

I'd buy it, even if it were on 5 1/4" floppys. I still have both a 3 1/2" and a 5 1/4" drive on my computer.
:thu:

i'm so happy, this case i bought has no 3.5" bay just 10 5.25 bays i fill with fan adaptors. it's like a modern case only from the mid 90s. it's post modern.

• Members

You might as well. It's not much different than all the other epic fail ideas that DIY guys have come up with.
:idk:

Just make sure you give them away for free. Maybe someone will buy a T shirt.

I probably would, or at least super-cheap.

Hey, the Melvins put out an 8-Track a few years back. A whole heaping lot of 100 of them. My friend actually has one, but he's too afraid to play it because he doesn't want to break it.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I already did this. My Keyboards have a Floppy Slot connected to the Sequencer,so when I get a song I like, I put it on a floppy.I have about 200 of them,both originals and OPS (Other People's Songs).If I can't make money,I will have fun.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I'm totally going to make an album and release it on 3 1/2" floppy diskettes.

No one would buy it, but it would satisfy my "inner-nerd."

Whoah! No one would buy your album dude as no one today uses 3 1/2 floppy disk. Well, that's your idea. Good luck. Try to think a good strategy to market that. LOL

• Members

I'm releasing my next single in binary. It will literally be 5,000 pages of 0's and 1's. If anyone wants to type them all in, they'll end up with a song...

you could always do it barcode

back in the ][ days there was some SW released that way...it, as we realize, didn't catch on

it'd be the equivalent to touring in a Bricklin :D!!!

• Members

why not put it on a USB stick instead?

I think he's looking for something just sort of fun and left-field

the thumbdrive has kind of been one of those where it's already been swag-commoditized across sectors (could be one of the downsides of digital memory being non-specific as to data type these days)

while still not bellybutton for independ music (mainly b/c of unit cost at volume) - I think a bunch of the "wow" factor is gone

not to mention people will grab those things and erase em without looking at the contents (the item itself has value - esp if our junk isn't on it :( )

• 1 month later...

Archived