Absolutely Shameless Self-Promotion

michaelkreylar

• Members

It says "Promote Your Band". Well uh, I've sorta' a "band", er rather just me and 3 other virtual human beings. First is that I'm a Christian, so if anyone is offended by that, please ignore my posts entirely. The reason why that matters is cuz although my music is strictly instrumental, I use it in a Christan way--to edity people, give spiritual hope to people, imbue a positive message in peoples lives--I do not condemn people cuz we've far too much of that.

OK, if you're still with me...

By day, I'm a software engineer. By night, I compose and play music for anyone that'll listen to my heart speak. I created a (free; no not spyware) software application that features my music; I released it last Sunday; it only has 6 songs + one "bonus" hidden song. To give me a label, I'd call my style: modern classical, new-age, Spanish guitar music. My app is a gamification of it--it has a small touch of adventure game style elements to it to find things and a few Easter eggs (one releases an electric guitar song without a solo, then another one releases the same song but with a solo).

So, that is my so-called "band"--my app is my band. The reason for the creation of the app is because I do not have a band, but I've got this music in my heart that I wanted to share (for over 10 years). There's so many other possibilities in the future that I can think of bringing to the music scene for real, performing musicians. My hunch is that musicians would love using Augmented Reality in their shows, so I've been toying with the possibility of creating an app for musicians to use. So, this self-promotion is from my music perspective but also from a programmer's perspective.

Anyways, I created a video, which I hope is deemed creative, hopefully funny, and not a bore to watch.

If anyone's not bored to death, I'm located at:

http://www.michaelkreylar.com

There's a few of my shredding videos up there. I know I'm not the best shredder, but I'm a student forever.

Thank you all, and I wish you all much luck in the future.

Archived