concerning music made on a computer instead of actual instruments

bobvmusic

• Members

Is it some sort of a social or technical foul if the music you make is created on a computer? If you made an entire cd worth of music, but can't play any of the instruments you used to make it, do people think less of your music? I actually play guitar, bass and oddly enough, trombone, and own a music store, (http://www.quality-musical-instruments.com/index.html), but i've never recorded anything I have ever played. (not that I couldn't) - It just always seemed easier and faster to knock it out on fruity loops or something and satisfies my instant gradification needs. I have created an entire albums worth of music using instruments that I would otherwise not be able to play like violas, pocket trumpets, baritones, and the biggest, a grand piano. I can't play any of these instruments, but I can write and plug the notes into a program using the actual sounds OF those instruments (and more obviously) that I got from the phiharmonic orchestra's site (thankyouverymuch). So now I have a complete album, and have no idea what to do with it. CAN you sell such a thing? Do people tend to blow that off since its not being recorded on actual instruments? Even if I CAN sell it, and someone DOES buy it, could it ever be heard live since I can't play any of it? Does anyone have thoughts on this, or has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Or should I just keep it for my own amusment?

• Members

bobvmusic wrote:

Is it some sort of a social or technical foul if the music you make is created on a computer? If you made an entire cd worth of music, but can't play any of the instruments you used to make it, do people think less of your music? I actually play guitar, bass and oddly enough, trombone, and own a music store, (
), but i've never recorded anything I have ever played. (not that I couldn't) - It just always seemed easier and faster to knock it out on fruity loops or something and satisfies my instant gradification needs. I have created an entire albums worth of music using instruments that I would otherwise not be able to play like violas, pocket trumpets, baritones, and the biggest, a grand piano. I can't play any of these instruments, but I can write and plug the notes into a program using the actual sounds OF those instruments (and more obviously) that I got from the phiharmonic orchestra's site (thankyouverymuch). So now I have a complete album, and have no idea what to do with it. CAN you sell such a thing? Do people tend to blow that off since its not being recorded on actual instruments? Even if I CAN sell it, and someone DOES buy it, could it ever be heard live since I can't play any of it? Does anyone have thoughts on this, or has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Or should I just keep it for my own amusment?

Hey, nice camouflage spam! I see what you did there, "Two posts".

Archived