Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worked at the Mabuhay , I Beam and other clubs in SF during the 80s

I saw many interesting things that involved white powders and noses and needles and women that gave oral and knives and guns .

Thank you very much , I needed to get that out .

Has this been therapeutic for you? Feel better now?

So much for what you saw; did you hear anything of interest? Or, for that matter, play any?

(Not being sarcastic, not a jab, just expiring minds want to know... )

If he comes around, I think you'll dig Erik's posts. His epic road-report threads deserve their own special archival forum ensconced somewhere on the 'net...
    ~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'****************e~
    _ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Avoiding ghosts & U.F.O.'s can be a full-time job in itself...

Comment

I'll bet you saw some great shows too.

Viva Los Microwaves...

Comment

Originally posted by songrytr
        I'll bet you saw some great shows too.

Viva Los Microwaves...
        I saw everything , from the demise of punk to the upstarts of this speed metal thing called metallica .

To jello Biafra yelling to us backstage to call the police because a kid in the mosh pit hit him in the mouth while he was singing 'police truck" .

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarPorter
          "To Jello Biafra yelling to us backstage to call the police because a kid in the mosh pit hit him in the mouth while he was singing "Police Truck".

Hah! That's awesome. Never caught DK. How did they sound, live?
          ~Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'****************e~
          _ _ ___ _ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Avoiding ghosts & U.F.O.'s can be a full-time job in itself...

Comment

I played the Mab back in 1982-1983 in my first real gigging band, "LIX". Do you remember me? I was the Lead guitarist. I later did some subsitute work for a metal band calle Rightious Sire. Remember them?

Well my rock years are long over as I have no desire to play it anymore and now I have fallen back to my roots in Latin Music. You can hear my new stuff with the hyper-link below.
            Los Boleros / Hot Latin Band in the San Francisco bay Area
            Acoustic Son Montuno - Merengue - Cumbia and Bolero
            Let passion guide you.

Comment

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days. I think it was in Oakland and The Lords of The New Church played the day before us.

I think the stage was pretty high, I think I was too. Anyone remember the name of that joint?
              http://www.myspace.com/399453211

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=276061

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nails

Comment

Hi All - I worked next door at the Machine shop (pinball arcade) and knew Ness Aquino well. Bands that played, Dead Kennedys, Crime,(roadied for them)
                Dirk Dirkson - the less said the better. A great place in the day. Early eightys - late seventys. Never will forget the two girls doing Paradise by the dashboard light (Meatloaf). Have seen recent pictures of Broadway, what a
                shame - what with Tiffanys Massage, the Belly dancing place, anybody remember George, the doorman, and lets not forget Henry Goldfield, across the street with his Tatto parlor, A GREAT Artist, got my first tat from him.
                What a time - In the Day.
                Smiley12

Comment

I played the I Beam in like 81 With Sylvain Sylvain From the New York Dolls

Comment

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days.

Geez, I was just thinking about you guys today when "88 Lines" came up on the IPod today. It was a reasonably big song in Toronto (CFNY played the crap out of it). Hope you saw some of the royalties out of it!

js

Comment

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days. I think it was in Oakland and The Lords of The New Church played the day before us.

I think the stage was pretty high, I think I was too. Anyone remember the name of that joint?

the nails rocked!
                      -Dogtown Max

noisician/guitard for Black Dream
                      and some tronica stuff: CylonLovestick

Comment

Working...
                      X