I worked at the Mabuhay , I Beam and other clubs in SF during the 80s

XXX

• Members

I saw many interesting things that involved white powders and noses and needles and women that gave oral and knives and guns .

Thank you very much , I needed to get that out .

• Members

Has this been therapeutic for you? Feel better now? :D

So much for what you saw; did you hear anything of interest? Or, for that matter, play any?

(Not being sarcastic, not a jab, just expiring minds want to know... ) :cool:

If he comes around, I think you'll dig Erik's posts. His epic road-report threads deserve their own special archival forum ensconced somewhere on the 'net...

• Members

Originally posted by songrytr

I'll bet you saw some great shows too.

Viva Los Microwaves...

I saw everything , from the demise of punk to the upstarts of this speed metal thing called metallica .

To jello Biafra yelling to us backstage to call the police because a kid in the mosh pit hit him in the mouth while he was singing 'police truck" .

• Members

I played the Mab back in 1982-1983 in my first real gigging band, "LIX". Do you remember me? I was the Lead guitarist. I later did some subsitute work for a metal band calle Rightious Sire. Remember them?

Well my rock years are long over as I have no desire to play it anymore and now I have fallen back to my roots in Latin Music. You can hear my new stuff with the hyper-link below.

• Members

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days. I think it was in Oakland and The Lords of The New Church played the day before us.

I think the stage was pretty high, I think I was too. Anyone remember the name of that joint?

• 4 years later...
  • Members

Hi All - I worked next door at the Machine shop (pinball arcade) and knew Ness Aquino well. Bands that played, Dead Kennedys, Crime,(roadied for them)

Dirk Dirkson - the less said the better. A great place in the day. Early eightys - late seventys. Never will forget the two girls doing Paradise by the dashboard light (Meatloaf). Have seen recent pictures of Broadway, what a

shame - what with Tiffanys Massage, the Belly dancing place, anybody remember George, the doorman, and lets not forget Henry Goldfield, across the street with his Tatto parlor, A GREAT Artist, got my first tat from him.

What a time - In the Day.

Smiley12

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days.

Geez, I was just thinking about you guys today when "88 Lines" came up on the IPod today. It was a reasonably big song in Toronto (CFNY played the crap out of it). Hope you saw some of the royalties out of it!

js

• Members

My band The Nails played somewhere around SF back in those days. I think it was in Oakland and The Lords of The New Church played the day before us.

I think the stage was pretty high, I think I was too. Anyone remember the name of that joint?

the nails rocked!

Archived