Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

in new jersey, all women are skanks.

LPbluesboy

"Winning isn't everything, but its the only thing that matters" - Robin

2004/5 Fender ST57-78TX Stratocaster

Member of the Mazi Bee Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Well try being a female guitarist! I think that short circuits guys' brains completely.

That would be hard to accomplish, but I did go out with a female guitarist once
      What is this sorcery?

Comment

Originally posted by LPbluesboy

......The army offers rewarding skills.

Originally posted by Terje
        All of you need a good coffee enema, that's for sure.

Originally posted by NPG Asking guitar buyers for financial advice is like asking a vegetarian what kind of steakhouse they go to.

myspace.com/nelsandersen

Comment

Originally posted by Hardtailed
          I'd rather have a bunch of groupies hang around after the gig, than a bunch of *sigh* guys.

This is why I hate being a guitarist. It's always the same thing, all the ladies are all over the singer the whole gig (I guess being on a stage, they don't realize he's like 5'2 ) and on my side of the stage are guys giving me thumbs up when I nail a solo. I don't care about you! I want women flashing me when I nail a solo!!!

Ahhh I miss the good old times when the guitarist was the star...

Same way in my band. The singer gets 80% of the ladies' interest, I get about 15%, the bass player gets the other 5%. The drummer who's single and a pretty decent guy can't get laid at gigs to save his life.

Comment

Originally posted by GCDEF
            Same way in my band. The singer gets 80% of the ladies' interest, I get about 15%, the bass player gets the other 5%. The drummer who's single and a pretty decent guy can't get laid at gigs to save his life.

Funny, in my band the drummer is the 2nd most popular among ladies. I don't know if it's because he plays with no shirt on, it's it the long hairs, the sweat pouring on his body... Who knows. He does have an amazing stage presence though (which you don't see that often, usually drummers hide behind their kit). And he his much more "fit" than me and the bassist.
            What is this sorcery?

Comment

That would be hard to accomplish, but I did go out with a female guitarist once

My best friend's father's guitarist is married to another guitarist. They're both in their mid-forties, and she's maintained her looks like you wouldn't believe. What strikes me as beautiful about that situation is that he doesn't really ask for permission to buy new gear. They both basically buy stuff whenever they feel like it. Which makes me think...

I WANT ONE!
              I WANNA ROSK!
              Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

"Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

I'd rather have a bunch of groupies hang around after the gig, than a bunch of *sigh* guys.

This is why I hate being a guitarist. It's always the same thing, all the ladies are all over the singer the whole gig (I guess being on a stage, they don't realize he's like 5'2 ) and on my side of the stage are guys giving me thumbs up when I nail a solo. I don't care about you! I want women flashing me when I nail a solo!!!

hey man, what was that one pedal you used during that one song? you know, you were doing the weedly weedly part and the singer was all like "wooooah." anyways, you were kinda flat on that part.

Comment

Get an ugly singer

in my band we're all ugly, so we never have tot deal with groupies...
                  www.slikonline.nl

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.T.

here, here!
                    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

And that's a good thing?
                      What is this sorcery?

Comment

Originally posted by riffdaddy
                        They both basically buy stuff whenever they feel like it. Which makes me think...

I WANT ONE!

And when we were recording, she would lend me her gear (which was composed of: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender 52' RI Telecaster and Fender Strat Deluxe, and a Fender Hot Rod Deville).

She was a cool girl, unfortunately music was our only common interest...
                        What is this sorcery?

Comment

And that's a good thing?

my girlfriend thinks so...

not too sure about the other bandmembers....
                          www.slikonline.nl

Comment

Get an ugly singer

Wouldn't work.... Case and Point.

Rick Okasek
                            Paulina Porizkova
                            Picker....
                            The Duct Tape Motto- If ya can't get the job done right... just get it done.

“As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.” — Dick Cavett

"Also, it is important to remember that basses have 4 strings. Not 5 (that would be a banjo), not 6 (that's a guitar), 4 strings... and the bigger and fatter you can get them, the better the tone you'll achieve. No, I'm not joking."
                            - Fletcher

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"... Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

there are three other dudes in my band and i get alot more attention than them...

but im not picky
                              hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

http://www.myspace.com/bart1973
                              GUITARS:

83 gibson les paul standard
                              00 prs singlecut
                              05 bc rich mockingbird
                              00 bc rich mockingbird ( acrylic)
                              87 charvel model 4
                              86 kramer barretta

AMPS:

96 5150 sig
                              90 marshall 2205
                              93 marshall 2100 slx
                              86 marshall 4104 combo
                              74 hiwatt sa212
                              65 fender pro reverb
                              68 fender bandmaster

EFFECTS:

good transactions with moetown

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybart
                                there are three other dudes in my band and i get alot more attention than them...

but im not picky

There's this killer band in Kansas that has a bass player that seems to always get the attention of the cute ones. Their singer always gets the cross dressers' attentions & the guitarist took a chick out back to see her boobs, but she had hair on her chin, so not that impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X