Is this about Groupies?

• Members

Originally posted by Zippy_The_Chimp

Ive never had one lets share:)

We had some regulars that came to just about ever show.

I have a crappy attitude with groupies, although I love to see em, I'm a let's play, and after the show don't hang around for too long, enought to say thanks for coming, load some equipment and grab my $$$.

• Members

I'd rather have a bunch of groupies hang around after the gig, than a bunch of *sigh* guys.

This is why I hate being a guitarist. It's always the same thing, all the ladies are all over the singer the whole gig (I guess being on a stage, they don't realize he's like 5'2 :D ) and on my side of the stage are guys giving me thumbs up when I nail a solo. I don't care about you! I want women flashing me when I nail a solo!!! ;)

Ahhh I miss the good old times when the guitarist was the star...

• Members

Originally posted by Mikeo

We had some regulars that came to just about ever show.

I have a crappy attitude with groupies, although I love to see em, I'm a let's play, and after the show don't hang around for too long, enought to say thanks for coming, load some equipment and grab my $$$.

I'm the same way.

• Members

Originally posted by Hardtailed

This is why I hate being a guitarist. It's always the same thing, all the ladies are all over the singer the whole gig (I guess being on a stage, they don't realize he's like 5'2
:D
) and on my side of the stage are guys giving me thumbs up when I nail a solo. I don't care about you! I want women flashing me when I nail a solo!!!
;)

Well try being a female guitarist! I think that short circuits guys' brains completely. :D

• Members

I'd rather have a bunch of groupies hang around after the gig, than a bunch of *sigh* guys.

This is why I hate being a guitarist. It's always the same thing, all the ladies are all over the singer the whole gig (I guess being on a stage, they don't realize he's like 5'2
) and on my side of the stage are guys giving me thumbs up when I nail a solo. I don't care about you! I want women flashing me when I nail a solo!!!
;)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a guitarist who sings, and I never get flashed. Except by the cop who flashes his badge when I'm pulling out of the bar parking lot at 2 am.

In all seriousness, I think I've been flashed boobs ONCE. And that was by someone who shouldn't have been flashing her boobs.

• Members

;)

Same way in my band. The singer gets 80% of the ladies' interest, I get about 15%, the bass player gets the other 5%. The drummer who's single and a pretty decent guy can't get laid at gigs to save his life.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Same way in my band. The singer gets 80% of the ladies' interest, I get about 15%, the bass player gets the other 5%. The drummer who's single and a pretty decent guy can't get laid at gigs to save his life.

Funny, in my band the drummer is the 2nd most popular among ladies. I don't know if it's because he plays with no shirt on, it's it the long hairs, the sweat pouring on his body... Who knows. He does have an amazing stage presence though (which you don't see that often, usually drummers hide behind their kit). And he his much more "fit" than me and the bassist.

• Members

That would be hard to accomplish, but I did go out with a female guitarist once
:)

My best friend's father's guitarist is married to another guitarist. They're both in their mid-forties, and she's maintained her looks like you wouldn't believe. What strikes me as beautiful about that situation is that he doesn't really ask for permission to buy new gear. They both basically buy stuff whenever they feel like it. Which makes me think...

I WANT ONE!

• Members

;)

hey man, what was that one pedal you used during that one song? you know, you were doing the weedly weedly part and the singer was all like "wooooah." anyways, you were kinda flat on that part. :D

• Members

;)

Get an ugly singer :D

in my band we're all ugly, so we never have tot deal with groupies...

Archived