Hi, I saw a Peavey Backstage Plus amp at a flea market for $40

• Members

Originally posted by hammer744

I've got a Backstage Plus as well (my first guitar amp) - $40 is about what you'll get for them now. Good little practice amps - loud as hell for 35Watts. Will last forever.

Wow...around here it's hard to find one for less than $100 in good condition!

• Members

Originally posted by Terry Allan Hall

Wow...around here it's hard to find one for less than $100 in good condition!

Quite a variety of prices on the 'bay. $75 is too much considering you can get new ones in the same power range for $150.

BUT, hard to find the new 'little' combos with as good a power stage as these older Peavey's. Run a POD or V-AMP (or any pre-amp for that matter) into the PWR AMP IN and they sound pretty good.

Backstage Plus on E-bay - completed Items

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I've got a Backstage Plus as well (my first guitar amp) - $40 is about what you'll get for them now. Good little practice amps - loud as hell for 35Watts. Will last forever.

I own four of those Peavey Backstage Plus 35W amps. And no, you'd never get one of mine for 'less than $100'. Not after all the work that goes into each one of them. They look and perform like brand-new.

I'm currently in the process of converting the last one I bought over eBay into a 35W 'head' that will drive a 2 X 12" Carvin cab. :idea: Already did a 'dry run' with the project head down at the Carvin store.. very LOUD going thru that 2 x 12. It will be nice to use this new creation as soon as possible.

• Members

I have an old TNT 100 bass amp with a 15 inch speaker. Its old , its been around the house forever....Its solid state , big deal. It always goes tunk when you flip the switch. Its nothing fancy but its a good working amp and it saves people haveing to haul an amp when we have a music session. rat

• Members

I've got an old Peavey Backstage amp that I bought about 6-7 years ago for $100. I like its vibe. Clean sound is decent but the distorted/OD sound you can get from it is pretty good.

One neg is that it has the older two-pronged plug and I would be very hesitant to use it anywhere but in my home when practicing or recording to the computer. I don't totally trust any amp that dosen't have a three-pronged grounded plug.

The spring reverb (I think it has a spring reverb tank; it's stashed in the back of the closet at the moment so I can't verify this) ocassionaly acts up and I have to turn the 'verb down but I actually like the vibe the amp throws out.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I believe I would have purchased it.

I've had my peavey studio pro 40 combo amp since the mid 80's. Blew the speaker once but other than that not a problem with it even though I've abused it to the point of shamefulness. True, never get the fender tones, or for that matter anything else, but it's a trooper and fits nicely in my wee little practice area.

Archived