Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Behringer thread. Time to get out the popcorn.
    Dennis Hopper's retirement plan, except Dennis is dead
    Retired and likin' it a lot!
    Regards. Rimmer

Comment

Originally posted by FuelGTRX
      They are cheap just because the company wants to be a good bargain for musicians.

If only this were true. Unfortunately the truth of the matter is that the components are cheaper and the workmanship is subpar.
      I WANNA ROSK!
      Support research for Crohn's disease: www.ccfa.org

"Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

Why your band should not buy a PA (and what to get if you do): http://www.padrick.net/LiveSound/BuyPA.htm

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyP
          Why your band should not buy a PA (and what to get if you do): http://www.padrick.net/LiveSound/BuyPA.htm

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting!
          I WANNA ROSK!

"Or, as they say on CNN: 'Briefly now, what is the meaning of life?'"--Gore Vidal

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

Good post but as usual it's pretty myopic...yes, if you are a loud rock band and want that loud rock band PA thing happening you might be better off renting IF you can afford to (i.e. your gigs pay well enough to cover rentals).

I was once in a rock band where if the take was less than the sound company's fee they were guaranteed 75% of the take!!!! Turned out this was almost ALL of our gigs More than once I went home with $5 in my pocket.

It amazes me how many people seem to NEVER do gigs where the band needs to provide a PA and a small vocals only system is all that is needed. More power to you and I'll happily play all those gigs you're passing up
            My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Originally posted by Knottyhed
              I'm in the market for a PA system and notice that Behringer under-cut the competition by quite some way. Is this because their equipment sounds like ass and is completely unreliable or is it ok?

Behringer = unreliable crap

It's cheap for a reason. Avoid using Behringer stuff in any important position of your signal chain.

I too, succumbed to the lure of cheap gear and bought Behringer stuff. It didn't last very long at all.

Terry D.
              Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

I had more Behringer stuff fail on my gig tonight. The soundman lost two channels over the course of four hours. Based on that math, a 32-channel board should last a solo singer/guitarist through 16 two-hour gigs.
                I WANNA ROSK!

CHEROKEE PRIDE

Comment

The only Behringer gear I would ever reccomend is a compressor (and that is for a compressor on a tight budget).
                  Monthly Podcast: http://fuzzballrecordsradio.tk/

Or Quixotic Rage myspace info here

Band web page: http://JMBess.googlepages.com/home

Studio web page:http://JMBess.googlepages.com/fuzzballrecords

Great trades with: Stazinish, Silverring233, sirkonks, Facing Failure, yuantian, simplestargazer, Juan M, jcloud, and you can check my ebay account for more!

Comment

For recording I use a Behringer UB1222FX and I think it's awesome. It doesn't go on gigs and just stands in the studio, actually, but i think you can get great quality sound out of it, just know how to use it.
                    www.excessum.nl

Ibanez RG320FMTL w/ DiMarzio Tonezone
                    Ibanez RG320FMAM w/ Seymour Duncan Invader
                    Randall RM100M
                    » Recto module
                    » XTC module
                    » Brown module
                    Randall 412 Cabinets

Comment

I see you're still recommending beginners power 1,200w subs with 3,400 watts and suggesting they rewire UL-listed power distribution with Powercons that you can only buy from a relatively few sources. What do you recommend they do when the powercon cord's too short and the only place open is Home Depot? And yes, that's before they've launched a pair of $600 JBL drivers into the parking lot with 3x rated power.

Your heart's in the right place, but this stuff is bad advice for beginners.

Comment

Originally posted by Nrrrk
                        For recording I use a Behringer UB1222FX and I think it's awesome. It doesn't go on gigs and just stands in the studio, actually, but i think you can get great quality sound out of it, just know how to use it.

Sure, if you've never experience something else
                        What is this sorcery?

Comment

lol
                          www.excessum.nl

Randall RM100M
                          » Recto module
                          » XTC module
                          » Brown module
                          Randall 412 Cabinets

Comment

Originally posted by Nrrrk
                            i think you can get great quality sound out of it

Think again.

Terry D.

P.S. I thought my hand was great until I had sex with a girl.
                            Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

True. :P

but for it's price, you can't beat it, really. I paid 200 euro's for that thing, that isn't a lot.

This is a drum piece recorded with that thing
                              www.excessum.nl/drums.wav
                              www.excessum.nl

Randall RM100M
                              » Recto module
                              » XTC module
                              » Brown module
                              Randall 412 Cabinets

Comment

Does anyone know why the channels crap out on Behringer boards? Has anyone had them repaired?
                                Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -- Philo

Comment

Working...
                                X