What's your dream band?

Lee Flier

• Members

How about a singer that isn't a retard, stuck on themselves, isn't a drug additict or a former drugger.

That would be nice, for starters.

Then I would like no mic to sing or talk into. I would never want to sing anything, no backups. Nothing.

Just give me a huge assortment of pedals that I have total control over, if I ever decide to use any of them. Then I'd want a soundman that does nothing but listen to me and make my {censored} sound good. I would give the sound person control of lead boosts.

Of course a guitar tech would be kinda cool too but I like tinkering with my own guitars so all I really need is a guy to have guitars ready for me in case I need one with a different tuning.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Hmmm.... so why don't ya? (combine them that is)
:)

The potential for bloodshed cannot be overlooked.

Except for the singers, at one point we were all one band. Lot's of talent. But oh, the ugliness. I finally got tired of separating the combatants and mopping up the blood.

• Members

Heya Corn, what part of this fair state do ya hail from?

As for my ideal band...

Practically, it would be just four piece, guitar, bass, keys, drums, and everyone would sing their ass off.

Impractically, it would be like the Joe Cocker "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" band...horn section, backup singers, and all.

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Flier

Do you have an ideal band in your mind? If so, what would it look and sound like? What would be the lineup, style of music, personalities, etc?

And if you have a band, how close is it to your ideal?

My ideal band would be me on guitar with King Diamond singing, Dave Lombardo on drums, and while on recordings I would handle the bass duties, in concert I'd have like D'Arcy or Sheryl Crow fill in to fulfill the hot chick quota.

We would play punked-out thrash metal, but with a disco beat so you could dance to it. :cool:

Kind of like The Bee Gees meets Minor Threat. :cool::)

• Members

My dream band would play music that people dig. AND if someone came along and requested "Close To The Edge", be able to play it.

Guess I'm in my dream band :):) Our lineup:

-singer who plays guitar when needed

-drummer with perfect pitch and cool sense of mixing acoustic w/ electronic and sings backing vox

-bassist who also plays chapman stick

-kick-ass guitarist

-myself on keys, guitar, congas, percussion, blues harp, backing vox, and whatever else needed to flesh out the music

Gotta say that as we evolve and likely add players (sax, horns, maybe a girl singer), I hope the chemistry doesn't change too much.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Botch

Two drummers, each without a hihats, a Chapman stick player on bass, Robert Fripp and Lee Flier on guitars, and Michael Franks as lead vocalist. Damn, that would be heaven!
:thu:

Maybe to you. You expect ME to play with these people? :mad::p

• Members

My "ideal" would be if I could do every gig with the "Too Hot For Snakes" line-up (myself on 6 and 12-string/racked harmonica/lead vocals, Wendy Walker on fret-less bass/harmony vox, Emaleigh Katelyn Hall on hand percussion/harmony vox...and if possible The Amazing Valerie on electric fiddles/harmony vox)...but it's hard finding enough decent paying gigs locally unless you play Schlock-Country or SRV-esque pseudo-bluz...so I gig solo a lot.

Now that my kids are about grown, as are Wendy's, we are discussing going back out on the road, along w/ my daughter and, if possible, Val and make another go of it, but that's still a couple years in the future.

Fortunately, our genre of music doesn't have the shorter "shelf-life" of Pop and Rock 'n' Roll! :D

Archived