male cover band doing No Doubt's "Hella Good"

• Members

Originally posted by Hamer Player

I saw a band cover this song last week. The band was a 4 piece, all male. They tried to do No Doubt's "Hellagood" but that song without Gwen's sex appeal is nothing.
:mad::(

I don't reccommend any other bands try it.
:)

My band used to do Just A Girl with a male singer. It was funny. ;)

• Members

No, man. No. That's wrong on a level that can't be explained through mere words.

No guy should cover that song. Ever. Even under duress. Like, if there's some crazy-ass mobster pointing a 12-guage at you demanding to hear "Hella Good", you should die before giving in and doing it.

Or pull up some chick from the audience to sing it. Whatever's easiest.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Botch

I wasn't gonna embarrass myself but I saw Jeff's protestations so I will. An MP3 of us doing Hellagood can be heard
here.
We do leave out the heavy breathing, and it packs the floor every time.
:p

Oh man. That's creepy.

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

Fastplant... which band is that covering the song... Worthy Cause or another. I'd like to check you guys out sometime... maybe in Springfield. I used to play Geraldine's and Fat Cat's a while back.

That was a band called SideShow ( www.sideshowband.com ) I'm the bassist in that band (and the guy on the mic that was basically turned off in that recording, haha). We rarely play out anymore, but we played at Geraldine's a few times. Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Hamer Player

I saw a band cover this song last week. The band was a 4 piece, all male. They tried to do No Doubt's "Hellagood" but that song without Gwen's sex appeal is nothing.
:mad::(

I don't reccommend any other bands try it.
:)

Nah...that's a good party song. As long as it's done well... ;)

Or done in a creative way that is different from the original.

• Members

I wasn't gonna embarrass myself but I saw Jeff's protestations so I will. An MP3 of us doing Hellagood can be heard here. We do leave out the heavy breathing, and it packs the floor every time.

Botch

Nihilism means nothing to me.

O my!! just listen to your demo,we also do this song but with a female singing it,that just isnt right ,your band sounds fine and every thing just dont do chick songs if you dont have a chick,its like its cool when chicks dance with other chicks ,but two guys dancing (YUCK!!!) see my point

Archived