Do you have a tuner on stage?

Locke

• Members

I'm a bit paranoid about being in tune and while I tune by ear in between songs I'd like to have a tuner handy onstage in case the worst happens (anything from a couple of strings going out of tune simultaneously to having to whack some {censored} in the head with your ax). Do you have tuners up there and if so, what do you use?

It'd be nice to have one with a luminated screen so you could tune up in the dark as well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Next to Nothing

pedal.jpg

The TU-2 is an absolute must-have in my book. The footswitch mute button makes it well worth the investment. I use a One Spot 9v dc adaptor and the TU-2 tuner has a power out plug that enables me to daisy chain my whole effects board to the one adaptor. No problems. Dependable as all get out. Go ahead and get the right tuner the first time.

• Members

Another TU-2 user too. I don't think I'd be in a band with anyone who didn't use a tuner on stage. Being in tune is just part of being a serious musician. In a noisy club, it's impossible to tune by ear, and really annoying for the audience to listen to.

• Members

You mean you DON'T have a tuner right now?

I've been a TU-2 user for as long as I can remember, couldn't live without it.

As for D-tuning, the "Chromatic" in the name means anything's possible (you just need to put it to Chromatic mode and remember what note is every string).

I tune Eb and sometimes do to "Drop-Db" and even "Drop-Cb" so anything's possible!

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

:thu:

Another dedicated Boss TU user. My only question is downtuning to "D". Since it displays each string, how do you accurately display a 6-string down tuned to another Key? I bought mine used and never had the manual.
:(

If you are talking one full step down:

D (low e)

G

C

F

A

d

I may not be understanding your question though

• Members

tuning by ear and tuning with a tu2 or other great tuner are 2 very different things and thats even more prevailent onstage.

it's just a matter of professionalism really. click it on, hit the string, look down. tune....

people don't think: wow thats cool he can tune by ear, they think: why the {censored} is that guy hurting my ears tuning out loud when no one else does?

• Members

I use the fender PT tuner. It is basically the same thing as the Boss Tu-2 only cheaper. I've played hundreds of gigs across the midwest and eastcoast without a problem. It's reliable and works great. No matter what tuner you decide on.... Get something.

• Members

Originally posted by Hardtailed

You mean you DON'T have a tuner right now?

I just have a normal Korg tuner in my pocket. :( Being on a student budget means I won't be able to afford the chromatic tuner in a couple of months but we don't have any gigs this month anyway so I'll live...I hope.

Archived