My band placed first in a competition that include over 70 bands!!!

Badside

• Members

Just needed to brag a bit :)

I won't even post a link or name the band or the competition!

Just wanted to say: we f*kin won!

We played the songs *I* wrote, and the crowd (including the other bands) loved them.

I'm a happy man :love:

• Members

We're a french canadian rock band singing in french, so chances are, most of you will never hear about us anyway... except maybe Mackin!

The main prize of the contest is basically to open for a big name artist of our choice at a big summer festival in August, in front of thousands of people. We also got some studio time, and we'll get to play live at Musique Plus (french canadian MTV).

At this point, I don't really care that much about the prizes (we already have a few festivals booked this summer, except with our cover band), it's really the fact that we placed first in a really tough competition. The other bands were all amazing. We made tons of friends.

I'm really really really proud of my bandmates, I'm proud of their devotion to the material I wrote. Another band left a comment on our myspace saying we were like a "nuclear bomb" on stage!

The funny thing is, we had problems getting our 30 entries at the door (we played quite often in the area recently) yet the place was crowded during our set. Other bands and their friends were lining up to congratulate us while we were trying to pack our gear.

I'm so high right now! It was a blast!

We played the game the right way: we took it up a notch at every step of the competition.

I don't want to post a link cause shameless self promotion is usually not welcome, plus the demo on myspace s*cks (the album is being recorded, those free hours will help!), but if you wanna look it up, the band is called "L'Enfer".

• Members

Right on.

It would be interesting if you could fill us in on how this pans out; i.e. what big name you end up opening for, how the studio time works out, etc.

I don't have much info right now.

There was 3 artists to chose from, we will be opening up for

Archived