so you think I'm an a-hole?

Kramerguy

• Members

(This is not directed at anyone in this forum.. just a general venting)

I'm just so frickin tired of going through life trying so hard to be the "nice guy" always swallowing my pride, always making concessions to make other people happy, always putting everyone else before myself.

I try to simply defend my right to equal treatment, but (almost) everyone treats me like a major asshole, so you know what?

If I'm doing the time, I'm doing the crime...

You want a major asshole? You got it.

Be careful what you wished for, world.

• Members

I'm just so frickin tired of going through life trying so hard to be the "nice guy" always swallowing my pride, always making concessions to make other people happy, always putting everyone else before myself.

I try to simply defend my right to equal treatment, but (almost) everyone treats me like a major asshole, so you know what?

How dare you? You selfish BITCH!

:D

• Members

To be an asshole you have to have it in you. Not anyone gets the REAL ASSHOLE badge just because they want to.

You can try, but unless you have it in you to unleash your inner asshole, you are just going to be the pseudo-asshole. Which are the kind of lame assholes that sometimes are called simply "pricks", and often overlooked.

You want to be an asshole, that leaves a print. The kind that makes people think about them at night. "Damn.. that guy was an asshole". So go all the way. Be a Dr. House or a Maradona.

Also there is nothing worse than a formerly abused nerd trying to become an asshole. It's just sad and pathetic. Formerly abused nerds are better off becoming the "silent misterious" kind, or becoming millionaires, getting the hottest chick, etc.

Be aware that once you let the beast out, there's no coming back, and be ready for wave after wave of women trying to get you like zombies trying to get the last brain on earth.

• Members

Let me warn you that if you do indeed unleash the beast chances are it will control you, you will not control it. Demons are very, very difficult to control, and unless you have a solid grounding it will destroy you. Do you not doubt that you have an inner demon full of rage and hate just waiting to come to life? The "asshole"? All men do. But man was given choice, it is about the choices he makes.

If you want to get what you want out of life, i.e. your will, you must strike a balance between two polar opposites. Being too merciful is but weakness, yet being too severe is but cruelty. Find the balance, or it will destroy you.

• Members

Let me warn you that if you do indeed unleash the beast chances are it will control you, you will not control it. Demons are very, very difficult to control, and unless you have a solid grounding it will destroy you. Do you not doubt that you have an inner demon full of rage and hate just waiting to come to life? The "asshole"? All men do. But man was given choice, it is about the choices he makes.

If you want to get what you want out of life, i.e. your will, you must strike a balance between two polar opposites. Being too merciful is but weakness, yet being too severe is but cruelty. Find the balance, or it will destroy you.

Holy crap! it's a Jedi master!

:poke:

• Members

One of the best things that ever happened to me was learning how to properly handle confrontation.

I use to avoid it like the plague. I didn't even know why, I would even sometimes tell small lies to try and avoid unpleasantness at all costs. It was ridiculous. Looking back I believe that I may have been too emotional about things to handle them properly. I stayed away from confrontation because I did not know how to control myself when things went down hill and I would get way too heated and lose my {censored}ing mind! If you can't remain calm you can't think properly and you are unable to articulate your position. That would frustate me and I would start swinging.

As silly as it sounds, I took a job as a bill collector for a while. Miserable job for sure but they would let me off to tour. After being forced to call 200 people a day that wanted to rip my lungs out, I learned to remain calm and just simply state my case. I had no idea how much I needed to learn this lesson in order to become a better person.

• Members

Yeah!

*rips tag from mattress*

Take THAT, Society! :mad:

• Members

First, everyone is an asshole to someone. Second, situations arise that demand you be an asshole. Embrace them. Be the biggest, best asshole you can be. Third, If you know you're being an asshole, you can quit anytime you want. True chronic assholes have no concept that's what they are.

• Members

...uh, try not surrounding yourself with assholes!!!:p;)

But it's a good idea to keep loaded, so when a browneye won't get off the path.....POW! Chocolate starfish goes SPLAT!

You don't have to stop being a good dude. The world needs more good dudes than assholes. There's enough assholes already.

• Members

Boxorox is right, if you know you are being an asshole, you aren't really one, you just acting. True assholes don't know or care.

Not speaking directly to the OP here, it just caught my attention, but I have noticed a number of times when someone is referring to how nice a person they are, there is some deep dark nastiness seeping right under the surface. Like the super obese girl at your job/school, that is super nice to everyone and oh so helpful, and as two faced as they come if she can get any dirty laundry on someone.

• Members

Our drummer pointed out the difference between an a-hole and a prick:

1) The a-hole says what he thinks, regardless of whether you like it.

2) The prick says what he thinks because he KNOWS you don't like it.

The difference lies in the motivation.

• Members

Our drummer pointed out the difference between an a-hole and a prick:

1) The a-hole says what he thinks, regardless of whether you like it.

2) The prick says what he thinks because he KNOWS you don't like it.

The difference lies in the motivation.

That's some sage wisdom right there. :thu:

• Moderators

So you think I'm an asshole?!?!?!?!?

I've felt this way. I used to a lot. What helped me was getting to the point where I cared less and less about what exactly people did think about me. And the realization that by and large... they don't think about me.

As a kid I would say, "But it's not fair!!!" and my Dad would predictably say, "Who said anything about fair?"

Every time. It was a great lesson. Then to realize I am a good person. Then to take the earlier Lennon quote to heart. It's true. It's not the end of the world to be a bastard.

It's all in how you control it.

I have the general disposition in the real 3D world as a level headed, nice guy. I've been described as "mellow". My wife is sometimes very surprised when I can turn into a bastard asshole on a mission. Just ask her ex-doctor about our little meeting last week.

Cross this line and I will take you down. Otherwise... "How are you today?"

And sometimes, there are just things you must do to get though this world with some satisfaction. What I would have considered unthinkable when I was 18, today... well... read Lennon's quote again. There is something satisfying waking up one day and saying, "I am a breadwinner. I am not afraid and will do what I have to do to get done what must be done."

The brass ring doesn't come without a little bloodshed.

• Members

To me, an asshole is a narcissist and cares about no one but themselves. Being like that endears you to no one. Instead, learn to be assertive and stop being a door mat. It's OK to say "No, I do not want to do that". You are the one that defines your "boundaries" ( I know, these cliche terms ). You do not need to go about insulting or harming others ( being an asshole ). Just stop letting others do that to you.

• Members

They say nice guys don't get laid

Well I hate to piss on your parade

But that's not true

Sometimes nice guys do

And whoever said nice guys finish last

That's just some asshole talking trash

But if you get there first

You won't see my bubble burst

But don't you underestimate my raw ambition

If I could cut it up for bait I might go fishin'

Archived