Does anyone's band cover

BlueIbanez

• Members

A couple of months ago, some guy yelled "play some RUSH!" at my acoustic duo as a joke, so we knocked off The Trees, just for laughs.

Honestly, it was a bit wobbly in the middle but still fun to play. The guy complimented us after & stuffed a fiver in the jar. :idk:

• Members

I've done Limelight, Red Barchetta, Closer to the Heart, and LaVilla Strangiato in various bands. We've been able to pull them off quite well. But in all honesty, they go over very luke-warm with most crowds, especially when you consider the effort to get them performance ready. Crap like Pour Some Sugar gets a lot more bang for the buck.

• Members

I've done
Limelight
Red Barchetta
Closer to the Heart
, and
LaVilla Strangiato
in various bands. We've been able to pull them off quite well. But in all honesty, they go over very luke-warm with most crowds, especially when you consider the effort to get them performance ready. Crap like
Pour Some Sugar
gets a lot more bang for the buck.

+1

• Members

Long ago, (80's), I was in a cover band that did La Villa, 2112, YYZ, Red Barchetta, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and I think about 3 others, yet we were not a hard rock or Rush cover band. We just loved those songs and did them well. We also played I Ran, U2 and Pretenders songs, and some Journey and Van Halen. Oh, to be young and have fun in bands again...

• Members

A band I was in, in the early 90s decided it would be funny for a Halloween gig to mash up various Rush songs with our usual set...starting with a Rush lick, then morphing it into the usual song which would be in the same key.

"Spirit of Radio" intro went into "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "Subdivisions" into "Fly Me Courageous", "Big Money" into "Hard to Handle". To start the third set, I cued a tape (remember those?) with the sound effect intro of "2112" that went into "My Sharona".

It was funny, even though you could see there were two or three Rush fans in the crowd who were pissed off.

• Members

We play "Tom Sawyer"

We do it as a filler so the singer can rest (I sing it)

and we also do it to shake out the cobwebs, almost everything we do is straight ahead radio rock/pop/country so we reward ourselves one song every 30 songs. lol.

We do a respectable above average version however there are no synths

I play the synth parts on guitar (and have opted not to use a synth sound via FM4 or X3 Live) so it's just raw sounding. Still works well.

I am baffled as to how and why chicks dance to this song

(these are usually hot chicks)

blame it on the alcohol

People seem to really love when we play this song

and some regulars request it

however

It will probably be rotated out this spring.

• Members

One of my bands is a straight dance and rock cover band. We have a few instrumentals we do to at the beginning or end of a set, just to mix things up. YYZ is our Rush tune. We also do Frankenstein, Satch Boogie, and old Pat Travers tune called Hammerhead.

• Members

When I think of Rush I'm always reminded of a quote from 'Creem' from the 70's, when they said 'Rush' was a great name for them as everyone attempted to rush out of the venue at the same time, trying to forget all they had just seen and heard.' I would think that 'Mahogany Rush' would be a hipper choice to play these days than 'Rush'. Give those funkless automatons a rest. If you want to do anything, just 'quote' a lick here or there, for laughs, do not indulge. I've played 'strangiato', but only in rehearsals without an audience. Fun for the band, no one else.

• Members

I joined a band last year just because they played a lot of Rush. (my favorite band). We nailed Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, YYZ and Red Barchetta. The problem was...these songs bombed on the dance floor EVERY time. That band only lasted 8 months unfortunately.

• Members

I joined a band last year just because they played a lot of Rush. (my favorite band). We nailed Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, YYZ and Red Barchetta. The problem was...these songs bombed on the dance floor EVERY time. That band only lasted 8 months unfortunately.

Yours isn't the first band to do that - and it won't be the last.

Archived