Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainwreck drummer alert!

I played a show on Saturday night in Rhode Island where I saw an absolutely shameful display of unprofessionalism. The drummer in the opening band (we won
    Music, music, I hear music
    Fitch Drums - The Blog for the Aspiring Non-Professional Drummer

Ouch. I've broken a kick pedal during a song before (thankfully, the last) and it sucked, but I learned long ago not to stop when playing live for anything less than a medical emergency or fire. It sure wasn't fun, though- I had to do a really monotonous riding-the-floor-tom beat throughout what was supposed to be a climactic ending.

Comment

The only time we have stopped a song is when the singers stupid wireless mic system picks up some interence and puts max volume noise into the P.A.

Max
      http://www.hotboxrox.com

To know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop.

Comment

i think the only thing that would stop my band from continuing with a song is if the singer stopped. no singer means no song, generally.

i know i could stop, or the bass could stop, or the drummer could stop, and the rest of the band would just play the song out.
        -Dogtown Max

noisician/guitard for Black Dream
        and some tronica stuff: CylonLovestick

Comment

He should have just dropped the sticks, grabbed the nearest mic, swung his cap backwards and bursted into a beatbox, gansta stlye.

Comment

i think the only thing that would stop my band from continuing with a song is if the singer stopped. no singer means no song, generally.

i know i could stop, or the bass could stop, or the drummer could stop, and the rest of the band would just play the song out.

Even that shouldn't do it. Our singer forgot the opening lyrics to a song the other night. Bass player was at the mic singing within a few seconds.

The OP drummer just sounds inexperienced. He should have at least finished the song somehow. Things go wrong live. You need to learn not to panic and to keep going as best you can.

Comment

The OP drummer just sounds inexperienced. He should have at least finished the song somehow. Things go wrong live. You need to learn not to panic and to keep going as best you can.

That's giving him a LOT of credit. The guy had "I'm not easy to get along with" written all over him. I felt bad for his band! They were all nice guys, but I'd never put them on a bill again unless I knew they had a different drummer.

The stove is hot.

Comment

Saturday night in Rhode Island

nuff said

heh. Should've bailed and come see my band!
                Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

heh. Should've bailed and come see my band!

Ha! Sad part is that the rest of the night was AWESOME. My band and Tester had the place ripping and rocking - one of the most fun shows I've ever played.

Comment

I don't get why he just got up and walked around... how is that helping the situation? I would have just played on to the end of the song. Then I would have taken a minute and duct taped the head back together.
                    www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Rookie fail!!!
                      "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever" - David St. Hubbins

www.facebook.com/DirtyGringos

Comment

I don't get why he just got up and walked around... how is that helping the situation? I would have just played on to the end of the song. Then I would have taken a minute and duct taped the head back together.

he left the duct tape and extra pedal in his jacket..... he was looking for his jacket..... who the hell wears a jacket in July?!?!
                        Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

I don't get why he just got up and walked around... how is that helping the situation?

Maybe he was trying to emulate Thelonious Monk?

Kickin' it in the sticks...

Comment

at one point or another, knowing or unknowlingly, we have all tried to emulate Thelonious Monk.

Member: IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS

Comment

I will never forget hearing about some idiot MTV reporter asked a someone about his influences and she thought he said The Loneliest Monk not Thelonious Monk. She went on to ask him about this obsure musicial group

Meh, what do you expect?
                              www.ostrichhat.com

Comment

Working...
                              X