We need danceable rock songs we can add quickly! Help

kl285528

• Members

ok - looking for danceable rock tunes - current band is a four or five piece - two guitars, keys, drums and bass

classic rock, blues and some funk is our current playlist - rolling stones, the who, black crowes, the cult, sly, allman brothers, romantics, clash, ramones. violent femmes, hendrix, lenny kravitz - here's a recent set list

10-22-10 YMCA Party SETLIST

SET ONE

Statesboro Blues

American Girl (J)

Honky Tonk Women

La Grange

Remedy

Carol

Dead Flowers

Can't Get Enough

Miss Queen

Sweet Jane

Suffragette City (J)

Sanctuary - The Cult

Can't Explain

Are You Gonna Go

Remedy

Good Times Bad Times (N)

Fire

Whipping Post

SET TWO

I Fought the Law

Baba O'Riley

Steppin' Stone

Should I Stay (T)

Are You Gonna Be My Grl

What I Like About You

Mony Mony (J)

All Day and All Night

Blister In the Sun

Blitzkrieg Bop (T)

Sedated (T)

Basket Case (K)

Mustang Sally (with girls)

Play That Funky Music (J)

Sly Song

Brick house

Word Up (J)

Just What I Needed

Sweet Emotion

Sympathy for the Devil

Rockin' in the Free World (J)

Other Songs

--------------------------

Folsom Prison Blues

Longview

Ball and Chain

Used to Love her

Call Me the Breeze

we are not opposed to playing almost anything, and the guys in the band are really good musicians, with some years playing (average band member age is 40ish)

I am looking to add more danceable rock songs to our repertoire

Just played a country club party Friday, and we are booked for a bar gig for this Friday - we wanted more dance music for the ladies, but just couldn't produce enough

anyway, I'm looking for some easy to add danceable rock tunes, or just danceable tunes - I am trying to add a few that we can play with no rehearsal - yes, we are brave enough and maybe capable enough to pull it off (LOL!)

I'll take any and all ideas - don't hold back!!!!!

And thanks!

• Members

ok we wanted more dance music for the ladies, but just couldn't produce enough

anyway, I'm looking for some easy to add danceable rock tunes, or just danceable tunes - I am trying to add a few that we can play with no rehearsal -

a few pretty much sure-fire chick tunes that should require little/no rehearsal and work with pretty much all ages:

Pour Some Sugar On Me

Any Way You Want It

You Shook Me All Night Long

Sweet Home Alabama (gonna work 100 times better than "Call Me The Breeze")

Shake Your Booty

Billie Jean

Walk This Way

867-5309

Jessie's Girl

Brown Eyed Girl

Reverse the order and make this your last set and there won't be a dry panty in the house.

• Members

Pretty Woman

Hey Bartender (hate it but it works)

Little Sister

Shout (or Shout & Shimmy)

The Kids Are Alright

In The Mood

Kazmir

Be very careful with your setlist. They are all great songs but your current list might burn the crowd out pretty quickly. You will need to get the sets to flow. It isn't just the music that makes a successful band. When we started out 30 years ago we had almost your identical setlist. We have matured and learned how to get the crowd crazy then let them rest then slowly bring it back. It is not easy but it will pay huge dividends. Not just talking about adding slow stuff. It is about the flow of the set and of the night.

• Members

Pretty Woman

Hey Bartender (hate it but it works)

Little Sister

Shout (or Shout & Shimmy)

The Kids Are Alright

In The Mood

Kazmir

Be very careful with your setlist. They are all great songs but your current list might burn the crowd out pretty quickly. You will need to get the sets to flow. It isn't just the music that makes a successful band. When we started out 30 years ago we had almost your identical setlist. We have matured and learned how to get the crowd crazy then let them rest then slowly bring it back. It is not easy but it will pay huge dividends. Not just talking about adding slow stuff. It is about the flow of the set and of the night.

Led Zeppelins Kashmir?

• Members

Yep. At the end of the night the crowds go nuts for it. Everybody ends up on the dance floor, even the guys that are too self conscious to dance earlier. In the Mood brings them out, too.

This totally blows me away... I love the song, but it never struck me as one to get people up dancing. Especially chix!

• Members

It is so recognizable and even the guys that didn't get up all night get up and dance. It surprised us too (we stole the idea from another local band). We stole Der Komissar from them too. Another great crowd song. We do it in a medley because it really isn't that great of a song but the crowd loves it.

• Members

Yep. At the end of the night the crowds go nuts for it. Everybody ends up on the dance floor, even the guys that are too self conscious to dance earlier. In the Mood brings them out, too.

Hmmm.... maybe it's more the fact that it's the end of the night, instead of some amazing draw of the song itself?

I mean, if it works for you, that's great...

• Members

Hmmm.... maybe it's more the fact that it's the end of the night, instead of some amazing draw of the song itself?

I mean, if it works for you, that's great...

Very probable. Doesn't really matter as long as it works. I wouldn't have thought it would work and I doubt if we would attempt anywhere but mid way through the last set.

• Members

Rock this Town - Stray Cats

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles

Johnny B Goode / Route 66 / Kansas City

Miss You - Rolling Stones

Oldies but goodies like The Twist, Rock and Roll is Here to Stay, At the Hop,

Tequila, Wipeout

• Members

some stuff we used to do... some we still do.

You Give Love A Bad Name

Pour Some Sugar

Lets Go Crazy

Blister In The Sun

867-5309 Jenny

Melt With You

All Summer Long/ Sweet Home/ Werewolves of london

What I Got

Save A Horse

jesse's girl

take me out

Paralyzer