Anyone else using Band Business Cards????

race81

• Members

Ive been asked to get some for our group, but never having any made before I am kinda left in the dark on what to put on them and what they should look like. If any of you guys have any ideas, please share. Or better yet lets see a pic of them.....I need ideas!:wave:

• Members

Hit one of the online servers (VistaPrint works well) - and get yourself a pile of the least expensive cards you can find. As far as content goes - I pretty much stick with the basics - band name, my name and a phone number or two and website URL. As a band leader - one of my favorite things to do is to order cards for EVERY member of the band - with the band name, their name, the instrument they play, and their phone #. It's $10 for a couple hundred cards ... and helps turn every member into somebody who can help sell the band. I also think it helps reinforce the sense that it's my band (as oppposed to it's his band) within every member.

I wouldn't spend money on "extras" (special paper, multi-color, etc.) - a business card is there to give somebody contact information quickly and efficiently. Anybody truly interested in contacting you isn't gonna give a {censored} about whether or not the card was in any way a "premium" business card.

Once you receive your order (you'll end up with a couple hundred cards ....) - don't be shy about handing them out! If you're the least bit "stingy" about handing them out - chances are good that a key piece of printed information on the card will need to be changed and necessitate another printing before you run out of the first one!

• Members

I think he was asking to see what we have on our cards.

We used Vista print a while ago... this is what we used for it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341695[/ATTACH]

Haven't used them in years. Bumper stickers and temp tattoos do a lot for us.

• Members

Business cards are very handy things to have. In a moment I can give someone a lot of contact information. I used vistaprint.com, cost me $ 5. I'd do it again. I just use a basic style, no photos or anything. The style that I have is not available now but is similar to this:

• Moderators

I have done Vistaprint a few times, and for the price and simplicity, it isn't a bad deal at all.

A while back we printed out own, it was pretty inexpensive [especially if you have a color laser printer at work ;) ]

We had a picture of the band, two contact numbers, our logo, our website and the name/instrument for each card.

• Members

Nobody puts EMAIL ADDRESS on the cards as well...or are you all just slipping?

We actually just talked about doing cards 2 weeks ago as we plotted some 2012 stra-teg-ery.

I sent our frontman mock-ups of a few options from Vista Print, he responded "Already done". I love it when people do things rather than letting it slide...

Anyway:

Band Name / tag-line

Primary contact name

Phone

Email

Website

Black text on a white card. No graphics, no added nothing (Next round we may go light color text on a dark background, but no graphics).

• Members

I'm actually in the process of redesigning ours. This will probably undergo some changes before final but this is the general idea. Our old ones had just our logo and url, so we're adding a little more info. Once finished, I'll print a few off for immediate use while waiting for a batch from Vistaprint after uploading.

Two tips:

1) Leave the back blank/white so you can write any additional info/dates/notes on the back if needed.

2) Never use Staples. They'll {censored} your {censored} up.

Card4.jpg

• Members

Nobody puts EMAIL ADDRESS on the cards as well...or are you all just slipping?

We actually just talked about doing cards 2 weeks ago as we plotted some 2012 stra-teg-ery.

I sent our frontman mock-ups of a few options from Vista Print, he responded "Already done". I love it when people do things rather than letting it slide...

Anyway:

Band Name / tag-line

Primary contact name

Phone

Email

Website

Black text on a white card. No graphics, no added nothing (Next round we may go light color text on a dark background, but no graphics).

^This, but I'll add LOGO to the mix, and that CAN be a graphic. Our card is on all white, and our logo is red and black. The red on our logo is the only thing in color on the white card with black text. Looks pretty cool and with only 2 colors most places won't charge you extra.

I paid $25 for 1000 cards on decent weight paper, cut and printed. I did the design myself.

• Members

I have two- one for my band, one for my solo project. I found a place online that prints from their templates, nice card stock with full color semi-gloss finish for something like 8 bucks for 250 cards. I make sure all my band guys have at least 10 cards on them.

• Moderators
I'm actually in the process of redesigning ours. This will probably undergo some changes before final but this is the general idea. Our old ones had just our logo and url, so we're adding a little more info. Once finished, I'll print a few off for immediate use while waiting for a batch from Vistaprint after uploading.

Two tips:

1) Leave the back blank/white so you can write any additional info/dates/notes on the back if needed.

2) Never use Staples. They'll {censored} your {censored} up.

Card4.jpg

let eme know how many people from here call you now that you posted your phone number... ;)

• Members

I make mine using Microsoft Publishing. Real basic, but it has all the necessary information in an easy to read format. Since I do all kinds of gigs (solo, band, German, bagpipes, you name it) it's easy to be able to just whip up 15 or 20 cards at a moment's notice.

• Members

Ive been asked to get some for our group, but never having any made before I am kinda left in the dark on what to put on them and what they should look like. If any of you guys have any ideas, please share. Or better yet lets see a pic of them.....I need ideas!
:wave:

Our guitarist had a bunch made up. They have the Band name, website url and a person to contact with a telephone number. Outside of that, they need to be a little showy. These are glossy with a guitar on the front. I once found a great face picture of this nude model. Couldn't find the place to get user rights to it. But it would have made great business cards. (Only showed half her face on a black background. Stunning.)

• Members

I had done one previously and passed it out to a bunch of customers, including a guitar player in a band that I recorded. He said he would change it (because he liked my recording that I did for his band) for me if I would like. I said "gopher it" and he did. His "production" is below (phone number and email removed) and I liked it and felt that he did great.

LawrenceCardDesign4blired.jpg

I print these myself on my HP printer using HP Glossy Photo Paper. I get 10 cards to a single sheet.

• Members

...I print these myself on my HP printer using HP Glossy Photo Paper. I get 10 cards to a single sheet.

It's hard to do it yourself and compete with the folks like Insta-Print purely in terms of "cost per card" once you factor in the cost of card stock (i.e., using Avery "business card" paper stock) and ink supplies (especially if you're using any sort of color). Printing stuff at home can nickel and dime you to death when it gets right down to it.

Regardless, it IS nice to be able to knock out a few "unique" cards when you need 'em. I think it's worth keeping a package of the paper handy for when you need 'em.

• Members

It's hard to do it yourself and compete with the folks like Insta-Print purely in terms of "cost per card" once you factor in the cost of card stock (i.e., using Avery "business card" paper stock) and ink supplies (especially if you're using any sort of color). Printing stuff at home can nickel and dime you to death when it gets right down to it.

Regardless, it IS nice to be able to knock out a few "unique" cards when you need 'em. I think it's worth keeping a package of the paper handy for when you need 'em.

I haven't priced it out, but we've been through a few different batches of cards, not because we've run out, but because we've added members, taken on a booker, changed phone ##s, etc. So we've got a lot of obsolete cards sitting around. If the info is subject to change, getting 500 cards at a great rate (then throwing out half of them) might not pan out better than printing them as-needed. It's like the rent vs. own PA argument--there are a lot of factors at play, and YMMV.

Archived